It is the newest trend in helping poor sleepers sleep better. In the past, occupational therapists used them to treat behavioral disorders, but now anyone can benefit from them for relaxation.
“Deep pressure therapy” works by increasing serotonin, a chemical in your body that creates a sense of relaxation and happiness. There’s no medical benefit to it, but it has become a popular solution for anxiety sufferers, insomniacs, and those who have trouble sleeping.
A team of experts from the Wirecutter tests bedding and sleep-improvement products regularly. When choosing the wirecutter weighted blanket, the fiber scientists in the Textiles Lab considered the materials used, weight distribution (so the beads don’t just clump together), innovative features, and washability.
Baloo Soft 15lb Weighted Blanket is well-balanced, crisp, quilt-like blanket holds its own on a well-dressed bed, and it can go in the washer and dryer. The linen duvet cover, sold separately, is gorgeous—but it’s pricey, and the buttons could be better reinforced. _____Thewirecutter
Real consumers were sent home with weighted blankets to test them out and provide additional feedback. Discover how to choose the right weight for you, plus our top picks for the best weighted blankets, below.
Wirecutter Best Weighted Blanket Reviews:
In response to the popularity of weighted blankets, bedding manufacturers are producing their own versions of the blanket. The weighted blankets aren’t all capable of providing the same benefits. Our list includes the top-rated weighted blankets today that are considered to be the best.
1. Soft 15lb Weighted Blanket 60×80 inches
- Premium Quality Materials: Baloo soft weighted comforter is made of high quality, breathable cotton for maximum comfort and safety. Baloo is the ONLY quilted weighted comforter made with 100% cotton — free from polyester & synthetic liners — for cool, natural sleep.
- Deep Rest and Relaxation: The tight, quilted pattern holds the weighted filling snugly in place so you never have to worry about the weight bunching or pooling. The soft white color promotes calmness, comfort, and hope.
- Comfort Fit: Baloo’s 15 lb weighted blanket for adult full/queen size bed measures 60×80 inches. Perfect for sharing, the cool cotton weighted blanket includes small loops (at the sides and corners) to connect to a duvet. It’s weighted with glass microbeads where it counts: in the center, where it covers the top of the bed, rather than all the way to the edge. This feels more comfortable and makes it lighter and easier to care for.
- Machine Washable and Safe for your Dryer: Baloo 60×80 in 15 lb weighted blanket is safe for a regular washing machine and dryer. We recommend using cold water on the gentle cycle with whites only, and drying on low heat. The blankets will dry surprisingly quickly, so they don’t need a long dryer cycle. For best results do not dry clean or iron.
- If you have never tried a weighted blanket before we recommend starting with our best selling 12lb Weighted Throw
2. Weighted Idea Cooling Weighted Blanket 48″x78
If you’re looking for a weighted blanket that is easy to clean, consider this weighted blanket, which also comes with the option to purchase a matching duvet cover. This blanket is also breathable and perfect for year-round use. The company offers a variety of colors and sizes, so you’re sure to find the right fit for every member in your family.
In our analysis of 133 expert reviews, the Weighted Idea 15-Pound Cooling Weighted Blanket placed 3rd when we looked at the top 12 products in the category.
- Equipped with removable cover that helps in easy cleaning and maintenance
- Made of breathable fabric that makes it comfortable to use
- Features 3 lbs lightweight design that makes it easy to carry
- Ordinary material quality may not last long
3. Luna Adult Weighted BlanketNo products found.
The blanket is available in 5 different sizes, including a queen, king, and even kid-sized model. It also comes in 9 different weights ranging from 5 to 25 pounds. If you want to stay even cooler, you can opt for a lighter blanket, but you’ll miss out on some of the anxiety-reducing benefits that come with a pick that’s 10% of your body weight.
Regardless of your size and weight, you’ll have a choice between 16 colorways, including child-friendly dinosaurs, unicorns, and spaceships. The super-soft fabric also comes in more mature designs, like a nautical blue stripe, pale pink, and minimalist white. Better yet, they’re all machine washable for a quick refresh.
The cooling versions of weighted blankets provide these same benefits but fix the product’s fatal flaw: overheating. Approaches to making weighted blankets more comfortable differ by brand—and Amazon’s best-selling Luna Weighted Blanket (from $37; amazon.com) focuses on creating a product that’s breathable.
- Unique Design Philosophy: The new Uttermara Sherpa weighted blanket doubles as a weighted blanket to support better / deeper sleep and a Sherpa fleece blanket featuring 220 GSM ultra-soft fleece top and 220 GSM plush Sherpa reverse to offer ultimate gentleness and warmth. Sewn together with decorative edging for a neat and complete look. This Sherpa blanket comes with better resistance to fade, stain, and wrinkles than cotton ones.
- Sweetest Sleep Companion: Designed to offer natural deep and restful sleep for kids and adults with the feeling of being hugged, our weighted blanket is upgraded with Sherpa fleece material to add a luxurious fluffy touch to your sleep. Comfort & warmth maximized.
- 7 Layer Beads-Locking Design: Uttermara weighted blanket features a classic 7-layer design. The ceramic beads inside are as tiny as 1mm, and evenly distributed in small grids. 2 non-glue polyester and brushed fabric layers are used to secure the beads firmly, so the beads won't cluster or move around in the grids. No matter how much you toss and turn, the blanket hugs you all night long.
- Select Your Blanket: Choose the weighted blanket weighs about 10 – 12% of your body weight plus 1 pound. This 15 lbs weighted blanket is designed for adults weighing 140 - 190 lbs. Please keep in mind, weight blankets are much smaller and heavier than normal blankets, will not cover the entire bed or hang off the edge of the bed. The 60" x 80" is for individual person use.
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed: We value our customers and take pride in providing the best shopping experience. You will enjoy our friendly customer service and a LIFETIME WARRANTY. If you are not happy with the purchase, please contact us, we will do our best to assist you.
- 48 x 72-inch 15lb weighted blanket evenly distributes weight for a relaxing and restful night of sleep; use on a Twin-sized bed or couch
- 300 thread count cotton sateen outer layer provides a soft hand-feel and keeps you at the perfect temperature
- For ideal sizing, choose a blanket weight in the range of 10-12% of your current body weight; if the weight falls between 2 sizes, the lighter choice is recommended
- Blanket covers top of the bed, and is meant to cover user's body only for optimal weight distribution and to prevent blanket sliding over
- 8 built-in loops for fastening a cover; can be used alone or with the Amazon Basics removable minky cover, sold separately
- The original YnM weighted blanket offers a natural way to help calm your body for a restful night of sleep; great calming sensory blanket for adults and children to help decompress and provide comfort
- YnM owns a unique 7-layer weighted blanket. Our 7-layer system is designed to contour to the shape of your body for maximum comfort and the MORE glass beads & LESS fiber fill design offers better temperature control
- HIGHEST INDUSTRY STANDARD: 4”x4” smaller compartments for more evenly distribution + The extra two layers design and the three-dimensional lock bead sewing method for 0 bead leakage + Finest stitching(2.5-3mm one stitch) to prevent weight shifting from one compartment to another + superior quality material. All these made a fabulous highest quality YnM Weighted Blanket
- To choose a size for 1 adult, take 10% of your body weight, then add 1 lb; For sharing, please choose from KING 80''x87'' weighted blanket
- Breathable cotton/linen duvet cover, cooling bamboo duvet cover or cozy minky duvet cover are available in YnM. From YnM you can find a perfect duvet for you and for protection of your weighted blanket
- ✅COOL & WARM 2 in 1 INNOVATIVE DESIGN: Designed as double sides for reversible use. One side of the blanket is Tencel fabric(300TC) which is made of 100% natural eucalyptus fiber and provides a silky touch and coolness, making it the perfect choice for hot and perspire sleepers. The other side uses 330GSM SHORT PLUSH material, softer and warmer than the regular cotton blanket, helps you stay warm during winter nights. Now you can use our warm and cooling weighted blankets in all seasons
- ✅SMALLER POCKETS, NO LEAKS, NO NOISE: High-density stitch (0.25 mm needle gauge) and double-thread sewing prevent the blanket from leaking glass beads. The small pocket is divided into 4x smaller pockets by double stitching, making the glass beads more evenly distributed and no noise when moving the body, giving you a restful, comfortable sleep
- ✅WEIGHT & SIZE: First, select the right size for your bed(King, Queen, Twin). Some sellers have listed the 80" x 87" as a king size blanket, it's not accurate. As shown in the image, it is on top of the king bed. 88" x 104" weighted blanket is a real king size for couple. Next, choose the blanket’s weight. 7-12% of body weight will be the most comfortable. The pressure of the blanket makes you feel like you're being hugged or swaddled.This 88''x104''-20lb blanket provides LIGHT PRESSURE
- ✅7-LAYER DESIGN & LUXURIOUS PACKING: Superior to original weighted blanket, this Weighted Blanket includes two extra breathable cotton layers between the outmost premium fabric and non-glue polyester padding, for most adaption to your body shape and better temperature control. The weighted blanket comes with luxurious packing bag for easy carry & storage or traveling, and can also be sent as a thoughtful gift
- ✅ABOVE INDUSTRY STANDARD & RISK-FREE PURCHASE: Our premium Weighted Blanket makes it easy for you to fall asleep naturally, and wake up feeling rested and ready to conquer your day! Buy with confidence! Your satisfaction is backed by our Risk-free 30 Day and 2-Year of Friendly Customer Service. PRESS THE BUTTON «ADD TO CART» Right Now!
- WHY YOU NEED IT: If you too have problems with sleeping, sleep deprivation or even more serious conditions , then we have an item that can help you get the peaceful sleep you have been dreaming of for a long time: the Waowoo weighted blanket. It will give you a comfortable hugging feeling and a sweet dreaming night.
- A SPECIAL TECHNOLOGY: This premium weighted blanket was designed to weight approximately 10% of your total body in order to relax yourself by simulating the feeling of being held or hugged.
- DURABLE AND PORTABLE: This soft and comfortable blanket has pockets which are smaller to ensure the glass beads evenly distributed in each pocket. And we improved the quality of fabric, making the blanket thinner and softer without changing the weight. Also a light fabric that lets your skin breathe ，clear glass beads.
- EASY TO MAINTAIN: With a cleaning bag machine-washable on gentle program in cold water, Air dry. Better hand wash. Waowoo duvet cover is highly recommended for protecting the weighted blanket and easy cleaning. And we recommend that only the outer cover be washed regularly. Duvet cover and inner layer are sold separately.
- 24 HOURS CUSTOMER SERVICE: As a brand we believe in quality not quantity! All our durable and stylish weighted blankets for sleeping issues are here to make all your night a wonderful and comfortable one. ORDER NOW and have the most comfortable and resting sleep of your life!If you have any problem and concerns about weighted blanket pls contact with us freely we will solve the problem asap.
- 💎Why you need TreeCube -- TreeCube weighted blanket king size is designed for people who have sleeping problems. It can help you calm your body and fall asleep quickly.Offers you a good way for a restful night of sleep.
- 💎How to Choose -- 10% weight of your total body weight is recommended.TreeCube adult weighted blanket king size（78"×85",17 pounds ）suits the people who weighs 150lbs---190lbs.Our weighted blanket would be smaller than other ordinary blanket in order to concentrate the weight on your body.And due to its weight,you no need to choose a bigger size weighted blanket.Because it is cover your body not your bed.
- 💎Premium Material -- This TreeCube heavy blanket is made of premium material that offers a gentle hug for you. The material of our weighted blanket is soft,comfy and breathable.Our adult weighted blanket filled in pure glass beads, they can control the temperature and are safe for you.With TreeCube weighted blanket,you will sleep like a baby.
- 💎Excellent sewing technique--Using quilting technology,which is a practical technique to closely sew the outer fabric with the inner core,to ensure that the glass beads in the compartments are evenly distributed and do not leak.
- 💎Care Instructions -- We recommend spot clean and air dry. Frequent wash would damage the structure of the king size weighted blanket, so we suggest using another weighted blanket king size cotton duvet cover for the aim of easy cleaning and extending working life.A wonderful sleeping gift for your lover and loved ones.If you have any problem, please contact us freely, we will make it right to you.
- Dual-Sided, Double the Comfort: Made with 100% polyester microfiber fabric, Uttermara deluxe fluffy weighted blanket combines luxurious softness with ultimate comfort with its 1.57inch 260GSM plush faux fur fleece top and 220GSM Sherpa reverse. The conscientious seams achieve a neat look, enhanced durability and even weight distribution
- Choose Your Blanket Wisely: It is recommended to choose a weighted blanket that weighs 10% of your body weight plus 1lb. But for starters, we suggest you to choose a lighter weight. It may take 3 to 5 days to get used to the weight . Weighted blankets with dimensions of 48" x 72" are suitable for 140-190 lbs individual use on single bed
- Multiple Uses: Uttermara fluffy faux fur weighted blanket offers you unexpected comfort and warmth and fits effortlessly into your daily life whether you are unwinding at your couch, dozing off in your bed, enjoying movie in home theater or idling in the park
- Easy Maintenance: Crafted with premium material, this cozy plush blanket is durable and skin-friendly without any fading or shedding. It is suggested to use commercial washer or spot clean (if weighted blanket over 12 lbs) due to the limited capacity of domestic washing machine
- 100% Satisfactory Service: We are dedicated to improving your shopping experience. Feel free to contact us for exchange or refund if you are not satisfied with our product. We are always at your service
- 【PREMIUM MATERIAL】 - The weighted blanket is made of soft breathable microfiber material and filled with 0.8-1 mm non-toxic hypo-allergenic glass beads. This blanket could providing a cooling sensation in the summer & a breathable warmth in the winter.
- 【RECOMMENDED WEIGHT/SIZE】 - Please choose 7%-12% of your body weight, which would help you sleep better and faster. We recommend 48''x72'' for twin bed, 60''x80'' for queen bed. This weighted throw blanket not only can be used at sleep, but also can be used while reading, relaxing, or meditating.
- 【Precise positioning technology of glass beads】- We have observed that for weighted blankets, the biggest problem is that as the beads move in the blanket, the weight becomes more and more uneven. To solve this problem, we designed a professional tool to fill glass beads. This tool makes the beads evenly distributed in the blanket. At the same time, we use high-strength sewing thread, which is very strong to ensure that the beads will not enter another area from one area during use of blanket.
- 【EASY CARE】- Hand wash and hang dry is the best way for cleaning.
- 【ABOUT SIZE】-Weighted Blanket is much smaller than ordinary blanket, because it is supposed to concentrate the weight on human body so the weighted blanket would not hang over the edge of your bed. Please don't mistake it as incorrect size when you get it
- 【ADVANTAGE】It brings you a healthy and comfortable sleep. Syrinx weighted blanket is made of breathable and high-quality fabrics. When you turn over, there is no noise to ensure your deep sleep, and you wake up feeling refreshed and energetic every morning.
- 【TECHNOLOGY】Syrinx weighted blanket adopts five-layered for optimal breathability and cool tactile experience. The updated quilting technology (5”x5” smaller compartments and 2.5-3mm suture) allows glass beads to be distributed more evenly in each pocket, allowing your body to feel the company of your friends.
- 【SIZE】We recommend that you choose a weighted blanket that weigh 7% to 12% of your body weight.Weighted blanket 15 lbs is intended for individuals weighing about 150 lbs. If you are using a weighted blanket for the first time, we recommend that you choose a lighter weight.In order to concentrate gravity on the body, it is generally a little smaller than the corresponding size.
- 【WASH+DISCOUNT】Recommend spot or hand cleaning. Air drying is recommended instead of drying. If you can, we suggest you buy additional duvet covers to keep your weighted blanket clean. And if you buy the weighted blanket with the duvet cover, you will enjoy an extra discount.
- 【SERVICE】Syrinx are confident in products. If you have any questions, please contact us in time, and we will provide a perfect solution to your satisfaction. A best gift for yourself and your friends when at Valentin，Father's day, Mother's Day，Halloween and Christmas.
- This product is 60"x80" 15 pounds white color for individuals. Premium Materials - The WONAP weighted blanket is made of 100% breathable Natural Bamboo fabric. The inner part of the blanket includes ultra-soft cotton compartments. Hypoallergenic, non-toxic and odorless premium glass beads are evenly filled up into each small compartment of the blanket. Glass beads that are evenly distributed apply the same pressure to the entire body and help you to sleep deeper.
- Bamboo Cooling Weighted Blanket - Our blanket which is made of natural bamboo fabric, is designed to use all year-round. The breathable smart fabric compensates the humidity. The cold touch of the bamboo blanket and the glass beads have a specific feature to keep you cool all night-long by providing you tranquility. This feature provides a deep and relaxing sleep by allowing your body to rest. It can be used not only in sleep but also when you are having a nap, reading or watching television.
- Noiseless - Functional - Durable - The design of our premium quality blankets provides the most effective usage for adults and kids. Due to its size 4"x4" diamond design, the movement of the glass beads is prevented. So, the beads do not make noise and let you sleep more comfortably. The dense stitches and the durable thread of the bamboo fabric prevent leakage of glass beads.
- CHOOSE THE CORRECT SIZE FOR YOURSELF - It is recommended that the weight of the blanket you’ll choose should weigh between 8% and 12% of your body weight. You can determine the weight of your blanket according to your personal preference. The recommended size for single beds is 48"x72" or 60"x80". Adults can use queen size. The recommended size for full size or queen size beds is 15 lb 60”x80”.
- 100% CUSTOMERS SATISFACTION is GUARANTEED - We care about ur customers and take pride for providing an enjoyable shopping experience. If for any reason you dissatisfy with your purchase, we offer a full refund! Do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward 7/24 to answer your questions!
- Meet Luna - Luna’s innovative, smart design combines 7 layers into a streamlined design that evenly distributes weight to your body.
- Super Soft - Covered in an ultra soft cotton material and filled with cloud-like fabric, Luna is carefully constructed for breathability and temperature control.
- Easy Care - The best way to care for your weighted blanket is to wash cold on a gentle setting or hand wash. Hang dry only but if not possible, tumble dry on low heat.
- Made for Everyone - Only the king size is made for 2 people. Choose a blanket around 10% of your body weight.
- Sleep Well - Premium glass beads so you can sleep peacefully. Let make the world a happier, calmer place, together.
A Guide to Choosing a Wirecutter Weighted Blanket
Sleep and happiness hormones are released by weighted blankets, leading to a more peaceful sleep, while natural steroids like cortisol are reduced. When choosing a weighted blanket, the most important factor to consider is how heavy or light it feels. Material, sizes, colors, prices, and the possibility of returning the blanket if you are unsatisfied may also affect your decision.
Considerations When Purchasing a Weighted Blanket
It is possible that a weighted blanket would be the perfect solution for someone who has difficulty relaxing and falling asleep. Weighted blankets are not for everyone, however. Others report feeling too claustrophobic and pinned down under a weighted blanket, while others find it relaxing and less stressful. You may also not want a weighted blanket if you sleep hot – although not all models can regulate your body temperature well.
Consider the following factors when browsing different weighted blankets.
Weighted blankets cost on average between $100 and $300 based on their size. Weighted blankets come in a variety of price points. You will pay the same price no matter what size you choose for others. If you are shopping online, remember to account for shipping costs.
As a general rule of thumb, you should choose a blanket that is about 10 percent heavier than you are. This rule is, however, not rigid. You might be comfortable with a blanket that weighs between 5 and 12 percent of your body weight. It is recommended that you try different blanket weights to determine which one is right for you.
Buying a weighted blanket made from high-quality materials may cost a bit more, but you can usually expect it to last longer and be more durable.
Fabrics made from cheaper materials wear out faster, especially if they are washed and dried in household machines.
Ease of Cleaning
The covers of most weighted blankets can be removed and washed in the washing machine. They can also be washed at home in some cases. Additionally, to prevent early wear and tear, your blanket may need to be dry cleaned or spot cleaned.
Weighted blankets should be selected based on how they feel or feel like. Blanket covers are made of cotton or microfiber material, but there are also fleece blankets that deliver a plusher and cozier feel. There are some weighted blankets that have reversible designs with distinct feels on each side.
In order to keep you cool during the night, some weighted blankets are constructed with breathable fabrics. The weight of others can lead to excessive warmth since others absorb and trap the body’s heat.
Weighted blankets: What Are Their Benefits?
In addition to reducing stress and promoting relaxation, weighted blankets are designed to increase a person’s ability to fall asleep more quickly. Many people find it relaxing to be surrounded by a blanket that gently presses into their bodies and weighs them down. As the name implies, this is intended to simulate a deep pressure touch (DPT), a type of therapy meant to ease anxiety by distributing an even amount of weight throughout the body. A DPT feels like a hug all over the body. It has been shown that DPT can significantly reduce anxiety in children and adults when administered properly.
Many medical conditions, such as autism, depression, and PTSD, are said to benefit from weighted blankets, but the research supporting these claims is thin. Manufacturers always make medical claims when claiming benefits from their products.
Who Shouldn’t Use a Weighted Blanket?
A weighted blanket may not be a good choice for everyone, or at least a physician should be consulted before using one. In the case of chronic respiratory or circulatory problems, such as asthma, low blood pressure, or type 2 diabetes, weighted blankets are an excellent option. People with these conditions are actively discouraged from using weighted blankets by some manufacturers.
In addition to heavy snoring and a temporary loss of breath throughout the night, a sleep disorder called obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) may be deterrents. Overweight blankets may restrict airflow, aggravating apnea-related breathing episodes. People suffering from OSA in part caused by obesity may be particularly vulnerable to breathing difficulties under weighted blankets.
Weighted blankets may be too stifling for those who feel claustrophobic in general. In case you are anxious in enclosed spaces or when pressure is applied to the body, you might want to consider another method for winding down and falling asleep. Children weighing less than 50 pounds or younger than three years of age are more likely to suffocate when using a weighted blanket. Weighted blankets have been associated with the deaths of children at least twice.
Is a weighted blanket right for me?
There are many benefits to sleeping with a weighted blanket. If you find yourself having trouble falling asleep at night, a weighted blanket may allow you to relax and feel less anxious. Children, adolescents, and adults aged two and older can be affected by excessive stress, especially if they are experiencing problems at work, with their families, or otherwise.
What is the best weighted blanket for kids? Is it safe?
A weighted blanket should be selected only after consulting with your child’s doctor or pediatrician. It may be less effective for some kids experiencing sleep difficulties to use a weighted blanket than other approaches, such as establishing a strict bedtime and avoiding liquids in the hours before bed.
Children at least 3 years of age and weighing 50 pounds are generally considered safe to use weighted blankets. Choose a blanket for your child based on the “10 percent rule” or err on the side of caution. Children, even those who are older than three, may be injured by an excessively heavy blanket.
There are many weighted blankets designed especially for children. The weight of a weighted blanket for children will range between three and ten pounds. A blanket meant for adults or children may be better suited to your child if he or she weighs more than 100 pounds.
If you are unsure whether a blanket – or none at all – will be beneficial for your child, discuss it with your family doctor.
Are weighted blankets hot?
Warmth and insulation are provided by the blanket, but it should not be overheating. Weighted blankets may sleep cool or warm, depending largely on the material composition. There is typically an outer shell and an inner shell for weighted blankets, which provide padding for the body. The fabrics on some cover items, such as cotton or rayon, are relatively breathable, while others trap more heat. Temperature regulation is also affected by the inner shell content. Warmer sleeping surfaces tend to be those with greater amounts of batting to cushion the weighted materials.
A blanket’s construction can also affect the amount of airflow it promotes. Air can freely pass through knitted blankets, so even if the blanket is exceptionally heavy, you can stay cool. Due to their inability to circulate air well, quilted blankets often sleep hot.
What is the Best Weight?
You should choose the right weight for your blanket based on your body type. The majority of people prefer blankets corresponding to roughly ten percent of their body weight, as we’ve discussed. However, this estimate is not 100% accurate.
We have listed our recommendations for the most common blanket weights below. The “10 percent rule” served as our basis for determining an ideal sleeper weight. The acceptable sleeper weight range is based on the assumption that a person may feel reasonably comfortable under a blanket that is 5 to 12 percent of their own weight.
Your weighted blanket will feel more comfortable when you lose or gain weight.
According to a general consensus among weighted blanket users, these are estimated ranges. To determine what blanket weight feels most comfortable to you, try a variety of models with varying weights.
What Size Should I Get?
Your weighted blanket may come in a limited number of sizes. Depending on the weight you select, many models have the same width and length. Depending on your needs, you can choose from a wider range of sizes, such as twin, full, queen, and king. If the seller offers children’s sizes, you can also choose those.
There are heavier weighted blankets that tend to be wider and longer than their lighter counterparts even though this is not always the case. The most common weighted blanket size is twin. Manufacturers usually design them to be used by one person. A queen-sized mattress is 60 inches wide by 80 inches long, which is a common size for larger weighted blankets.
Weighted blankets cost how much?
A new weighted blanket is likely to cost at least $100. Prices generally don’t exceed $300. Prices can vary based on the weight of the blanket. Other companies prorate their prices according to the weight of the blanket. Many manufacturers offer bundled discounts for weighted blankets and other similar products, such as pillows and sheets. In addition, you might be able to save money by buying the blanket from an independent retailer instead of directly from the manufacturer.
Most manufacturers and retailers of weighted blankets offer free ground shipping at least within the contiguous United States, if not all 50 states. Some retailers may even offer free delivery to Canadian customers. For flat rates on shipping, check with the retailer. Otherwise, heavier blankets may be more expensive than lighter ones due to shipping charges based on weight.
What About Sleep Trials and Warranties?
There is a mixed bag when it comes to the effects of weighted blankets on sleep. The trial period varies from brand to brand.
Customers can test out blankets through sleep trials of 30 nights or longer during which they can decide whether or not to keep them. A blanket that has been laundered won’t be eligible for a full refund if it’s been used during a sleep trial. Stains, stains, or other damages to blankets will never be accepted for return.
Weighted blankets also usually come with a warranty. Many blanket manufacturers offer up to five years of warranty coverage on their blankets, even if some don’t offer one. In case the blanket is faulty or develops a defect, the company will replace it or refund your money.
What is the best way to clean a weighted blanket?
It completely depends on the model of the weighted blanket how to clean it. As far as cleaning and care are concerned, weighted blankets generally fall into one of these categories:
- A household machine can be used to wash and dry all parts of the blanket, including the inner shell that contains the weighted materials. The instructions usually describe the temperature of the water, acceptable cleaning agents, and the level of drying heat required for these models.
- Several weighted blankets can be washed and dried in the washing machine, but should always be dried by air rather than machine.
- If you are washing the outer cover of these blankets, you will need to separate the shell containing the beads or pellets from the inner shell. The cover can be washed and dried in a machine unless otherwise stated in the care instructions.For the inner shell, it is usually recommended that you use water and mild detergent to clean it.
- These blankets should only be spot cleaned or dry cleaned. Do not use a household machine to wash or dry them. The materials can be permanently damaged.
Before cleaning your blanket, read the care instructions that came with it. Please also keep in mind that if the blanket is stained or soiled you cannot return it for a refund (assuming the seller permits returns in the first place).
FAQ’s About Wirecutter Weighted Blanket
- How do you choose a weighted blanket weight?
- It is important to find a weighted blanket that is proportionate to your weight when shopping. You should generally choose one that weighs around ten percent of your body weight. A percentage between 5 and 12 percent, according to Dr. Broch, is generally considered acceptable. You should consult your family doctor if you are considering purchasing a blanket for your child, particularly if the child suffers from chronic health problems. When choosing the right blanket, couples should strive to achieve a comfortable compromise. According to standard advice, couples should take 7.5% of their combined weight, so a couple with one partner weighing 130 pounds and another weighing 200 pounds should choose a blanket weighing 25 pounds. It’s recommended that couples buy separate blankets if their weights differ by more than 25 percent.
- How do you wash a weighted blanket?
- Most weighted blankets today can be machine washed and are no more difficult to maintain than your average blanket. In addition to being machine washable, our Best Overall pick is also dryer safe. Regardless of the weighted blanket’s material and construction, it is important to review the care instructions that come with it.
- Are weighted blankets hot?
- Regular blankets and comforters aren’t necessarily warmer than weighted blankets. Weighted blankets are often designed with air channels, long fibers, or open weaves to keep trapped heat to a minimum. In case you sleep hot, choose weighted blankets made from cotton or bamboo, which are breathable.
That’s it for now, folks. A weighted blanket can come in a variety of styles, but they are all designed to provide Deep Pressure Touch for relaxation. Wirecutter Weighted blankets have been used by people of all ages to calm anxiety and enjoy the calming effects of DPT.