It is true that gastronomy has many delicacies that are very common, but those that truly appreciate it, enjoy the characteristics that surround them, as with coffee, since the experience varies depending on the type of coffee and how it is prepared.
There’s more to coffee than just drinking it. It involves smells and flavors, textures, and intensity levels, and its preparation determines its level of intensity. Due to this, the French press is an instrument so appreciated by coffee drinkers, since it extracts every unique characteristic of this drink.
If you are unfamiliar with a product, it is quite normal that you are not certain how to choose it, and this can make the purchase process more challenging. In this case, you need not worry, since you will learn everything about the French press from this article, so you can make the right buying decision.
Top 10 Wirecutter French Press Reviews:
1. Secura French Press Coffee Maker
- Secura stainless steel French Press coffee maker is made from top quality 18/10 stainless steel, both the interior and exterior. It is made to outlast other coffee maker.
- 3-LAYERED STAINLESS STEEL FILTER STRUCTURE traps the smallest coffee grounds to produce an exceptional full-bodied flavor.
- BONUS Stainless Steel Screen included with this French coffee press. Filter screen is easy to dissemble and clean. Stack one or more screens together gives your coffee espresso more refined taste.
- This French press maker comes with Cool touch handle and knob for comfortable and safe pouring.
- The capacity of Secura Stainless-steel French coffee press is 34 OUNCE/ 1000ML. All the parts of this French coffee maker are DISHWASHER SAFE.
2. Veken French Press Coffee Maker
- Why Veken? – The affordable, user-friendly and elegant design makes this French Press a great addition to your kitchen. It also makes a great gift for friends and family.
- Elevate your coffee-making experience – The glass beaker allows you to monitor the whole coffee-making process. Watch the hot water and coffee grounds separate as you press the stainless-steel filter arm. Allow coffee’s magical aroma blend to produce a range of sensory experiences and transport you to your happy place.
- Enjoy the quiet - Our Veken French Press is made of borosilicate glass which reduces noise generated by traditional metal presses.
- Powerful filtration technique – The double stainless-steel screen filters help minimize the amount of residual grounds in your coffee, giving you a cup of pure brewed coffee that tastes as though it’s from your favorite coffee shop.
- Precise scale line – Our Veken French Coffee Press features an exact scale line so you can prepare exactly the right amount of coffee or tea to meet your needs.
3. Veken French Press Coffee maker
- Say Goodbye to the Café; Enjoy Coffee at Home - Now you can create your own fresh and delicious coffee at home! There is no need for an expensive café when you have our French Press. Customize your own authentic coffee to your own taste in just 3 minutes. Morning, noon or evening, you can have a delicious cup of coffee whenever you need it.
- Why Choose Our French Press？- The new beveled lid is 10 mm deeper than others, to better contain your coffee's aroma and heat while allowing the coffee to be poured easier. An inside marker ensures accuracy and consistency in your measurements and recipes. The spout marker on the lid allows you to pinpoint the pour spout. The German-designed groove spout is designed to prevent coffee from dripping.
- Double Wall Construction – Keep your coffee hot inside the pot far longer than other glass presses with our double wall stainless steel construction. Even after pressing, the handle and lid stay cool to the touch, so you will never burn yourself! Easily enjoy a perfect cup of coffee, have a conversation with your soul, and relax yourself for a quiet moment away from your stress.
- Thicker Stainless Steel, Refuses to Break - We aim to serve you a quality French Press that will accompany you all of your life. Glass presses are fragile and become vulnerable in front of stainless steel. Choose our French Press which only uses 304 stainless steel for better corrosion & rust resistance. You don't need to worry about the French Press being damaged anymore.
- Why purchase this product? – The affordable price, user-friendly functions and elegant design makes this French Press a great addition to your kitchen. In addition, Our French Press is a great gift for friends and family. Purchase one today and enjoy the benefits of owning a Veken French Press.
4. Secura French Press Coffee Maker
- 1. 5 Liter stainless steel French Press coffee maker. Both the exterior and the interior are made from top quality 18/10 stainless steel. This coffee maker is made to outlast other coffee makers!
- 3-LAYERED STAINLESS STEEL FILTER STRUCTURE traps the smallest coffee grounds to produce an exceptional full-bodied flavor
- BONUS Stainless Steel Screen included with this French press coffee maker. The filter screen is easy to disassemble and clean. Stack one or more screens together to give your espresso a more refined taste
- This French press coffee maker comes with our "Cool" touch handle and knob for comfortable and safe pouring
- The capacity of the Secura Stainless-steel French press coffee maker is 50 OUNCE/ 1500ML. All of the parts for this French coffee maker are DISHWASHER SAFE.
5. Stanley French Press 48oz with Double Vacuum Insulation
- MAKE NOW, DRINK LATER: Designed with double vacuum insulation, this French Press not only allows you to make an amazing cup of Joe but you can also keep it hot for up to 4 hours to enjoy as you go It can keep cold drinks cold for up to 9 hours
- TOUGH AND DURABLE: We designed this with two layers of naturally BPA-free 18/8 stainless steel walls to provide superior insulation The mesh plunger is strong enough to keep animals in their field but fine enough to keep grounds out of your cup
- EASY TO CLEAN: The last thing you want to do is spend your time cleaning – that’s why every piece of our French Press is dishwasher safe
- HOW TO USE: Place your favorite coffee grounds in the French Press, add boiling water and give it about 5 minutes to brew, then press the steel plunger once you’re ready to have a great cup of coffee to start your day
- LIFETIME WARRANTY: ‘BUILT FOR LIFE’. Since 1913 we’ve promised to provide rugged, capable gear for food and drink, built to last a lifetime. It’s a promise we still keep. Stanley products purchased from Stanley Resellers come with a lifetime warranty.
6. Mind Reader French Press Coffee
- QUALITY COFFEE AND TEA: Who says you can only have instant coffee or tea at home? Now brew your personal high-quality drink with your own French press.
- HIGH-QUALITY DESIGN: This French press is made of heat-resistant glass with stainless steel mesh filter to ensure that you will have a quality cup of coffee.
- MESS-FREE: The lid of this coffee maker is ensured to be safe and secure to avoid spills.
- CAPACITY: This coffee maker can produce up to four cups of coffee.
- DIMENSIONS: 6.8" L x 4.1" W x 8.2" H
7. Mini French Press Coffee Maker
- FRENCH PRESS SMALL: RAINBEAN small french press brews a pure and strong flavor cup of coffee in just 3 minutes, simply add course ground coffee, hot water and press,ensures you would be brewing like a barista on day one!When breakfast is over, just rinse out the grounds and toss your disassembled French Press into the dishwasher for easy clean up.
- STYLISH AND DURABLE DESIGN: Small coffee presses carafe made of durable, heat-resistant German borosilicate glass and has good heat insulation effect ; The ergonomic handle is comfortable to grip,the base and handle are made of BPA-free polypropylene and you don't touch hot glass !
- FOOD GRADE STAINLESS STEEL: Stainless steel refined filter is anti-rust and can make the coffee or tea dreg filtered out that helps extract your coffee's aromatic oils and subtle flavors instead of being absorbed by a paper filter.
- GIVE YOU THE BEST FLAVOR: Extract all of the essential oils from your coffee grounds to capture the pure flavor with this classic brewing method; Premium multi-level filtration technology filters out all the coffee grounds, giving you an amazingly smooth cup of coffee; Enjoy maximum flavor for the best tasting cup of coffee you've ever experienced!
- EASY TO CARRY AND USE: Portable and small french presses,, fit in a travel bag or backpack.Suitable for Home office and Outdoor such as camping, home party etc;also the best gifts for friends and family!
8. Ovente French Press 12 Ounce Coffee
- Fresh, Aromatic & Exquisite Coffee – Drinking coffee using your Ovente French Press becomes a sensory experience that paints the tongue. This press preserves the naturally flavorful oils and bold, complex flavors in your gourmet coffee beans.
- High-Quality Durability – Equipped with a heat-resistant borosilicate glass carafe, a stylishly-designed protective layer which doubles as a safety handle, and a tri-level stainless steel plunging system with a mesh filter for fine filtering.
- Amazing Versatility – With this French Press, you aren’t limited to just coffee. You can use this diverse tool to make decadent loose leaf teas, fresh-pressed juice, fruit-infused water, sangrias, cocktails or even to wash quinoa and strain veggies!
- Incredible Value and Practical – Comes with a FREE bonus Ovente measuring scoop (7 grams) to ensure you get the perfect cup of coffee every time. Gives you superior quality for less, and all parts are dishwasher safe.
- US-based Customer Service lets you buy with confidence. Ovente warranties that the product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and conditions, for 1 year from the original purchase date.
9. Fellow Clara French Press Coffee Maker
- CLARA THE THOUGHTFUL FRENCH PRESS - Clara is in a brewing immersion league of her own; Fine details & upgraded features to this French press makes manual coffee making an experience that is easy and enjoyable
- EASY TO USE - Take the guesswork out of making the perfect French press with the coffee and hot water lines marked within the coffee carafe; Bada bing, bada brew!
- HEAT RETENTION & DURABILITY - Stainless steel manual coffee maker is designed to insulate and maintain a consistent temperature for your hot beverages; Clara's metal carafe is sturdy and portable so that you can brew anywhere
- CLEAN, FULL-FLAVORED COFFEE - Experience a clean cup of fully immersed coffee and its oils without sludge and silt; Clara's Enhanced Filtration Mesh brings out the clean and complex flavors in a full-bodied brew
- THOUGHTFUL DETAILS - An All-Directional Pour Lid is always open for business without needing to align the spout in this large press, an agitation stick has been added to aid in extraction, and the non-stick interior makes clean-up a snap
10. French Press Portable Coffee Maker
- 【Easy to clean 4-layer filter】The 4-layer filter removes all small coffee grounds and provides a fuller flavored coffee than paper filters. Extra long plunger, longer than other French Press on the market, can be pressed to the bottom of the coffee maker, filter the coffee grounds perfectly even if you brew only one cup of coffee. All filter parts are easily removable and you can rinse them directly or clean them in the dishwasher.
- 【Portable Design, Build for Camping】Our 34 Oz camping French Press made of high quality 304 stainless steel, it can retain heat better than glass coffee maker. Single-layer but equally keep your coffee hot for 45 minutes, no need to worry about water accumulation between the double-layers. The portable coffee maker is only 400 grams, suitable for camping and Carry.
- 【Durable Coffee Maker】French press stainless steel, not easy to break and broken, more durable than glass french press coffee maker, And it’s drop proof, rust proof. With extra 2 spare screens, you can replace the screens by yourself instead of buying a new coffee maker, save unnecessary cost.
- 【8 Cup French Press】34 Oz/ 1000 ml Large capacity, with large French Press you can brew up to 8 cups of coffee and share with family or friends. Ideal to be used as a coffee or tea maker. Also suitable for hot milk, chocolate, fruit tea, lemonade. Whether at home or on the road, for camping, travel or picnics, this stainless steel coffee maker is an indispensable companion. Ideal gift for all coffee lovers!
- 【Everything Included】In addition to Jaspik french press coffee, 2 extra screens, 1 spoon and instruction are also included. Please contact us if you have any questions or suggestions about our coffee press coffee maker or services. We will address your concern and take appropriate action within 24 hours.
Purchase Criteria: Factors That Allow You To Compare And Rate The Different French Press Models
Before you make the purchase and decide which French press you will take home, it is good that you know certain differentiating factors between models, so that when choosing them you have them in mind, and you can compare several options, choosing the one that best suits adapt to your real need and the comfort you are looking to obtain.
- Internal structure
Depending on the amount of coffee you consume, you can purchase the French press with a certain level of capacity, since each one is designed for an approximate frequency of consumption. Therefore, you should keep in mind the most common measures that this coffee instrument handles.
500 ML: This is normally one of the smallest capacities, found most of the time in portable French presses. It is the perfect amount to take during the day and is generally for personal use. Recommended for those who need to take their portion of coffee anywhere.
1 LT: It is the average level in terms of common measurements, normally when a French press has this capacity, it is homemade. They are ideal for the daily consumption of two people, or even 3 if each individual consumption is infrequent.
1.5 LT: One of the largest measures in terms of capacity. This type of French press is necessarily homemade, quite large, and perfect to serve you and your family or guests since a large amount of coffee is made and it is exactly the same.
In the market, there are French presses made of different materials, and each of them has advantages and disadvantages, which you must know to make the correct purchase, making the most of the qualities of your new acquisition.
Stainless steel: It is the most common and recommended material for French presses since it does not deteriorate easily due to its high level of resistance. They are very hygienic, easy to clean. They can withstand drops, so you don’t need to worry if an accident happens.
Glass: Of the most elegant models, usually transparent. They can be expensive, but they are very bright. Its cleaning can be a bit rigorous, to avoid damage. They are not resistant to falls and can be heavy. If you are careful, you can have it, decorating the kitchen with your design.
Plastic: One of the cheapest. This material is drop-resistant, lightweight, and highly unlikely to pose any risk to anyone who uses it. However, it deteriorates over time, since the same heat can stain it. They do not have a very long shelf life. Perfect to carry around (laptops).
One of the most remarkable aspects of the French press is the care of hygiene, and that falls mostly directly on the coffee filter. For this reason, it is important that you know the two types of filters that you can use, and choose the one that suits you best, to prevent bad cleaning from damaging the press.
Stainless steel filters: They are the most recommended since they are reusable in French presses. They have a high level of hygiene, so you don’t have to worry about unwanted residues in your coffee. They can be a bit pricey, but a single filter has multiple uses. Excellent for very frequent use during the day and week.
Paper filter: It is the most economical, used in multiple coffee machines, including the French press. They are easy to replace, but after one use you should do it, so they usually come in packages. They do their main job, but the filtering is usually not completely neat all the time. Perfect for sporadic uses.
As the last point, you must take into account the internal part of the French press, since that is the pressing mechanism that generates the touch of intensity and strength that characterizes this instrument. Depending on the way it is, you can ensure more or less neat results.
Default internal structure: Normally, when you buy a French press, the internal body is integrated, and it is usually the same material as the machine itself. It is important that if it is made of a certain material, the replaceable parts, such as the filter, remain the same when replaced. It is excellent for homes or offices with many people.
Independent internal structure: There are models of independent pressing systems, which are applied to any cup, without the need to buy the entire structure. They are usually made of plastic or aluminum, and in some cases, stainless steel. They are ideal for homes with little space and fast results, but the quality is not the same.
Shopping Guide: Frequently Asking Question
After knowing the 4 best French presses, you may have a clearer picture of what you should buy according to your needs. However, it is good that, before you make the final purchase, you know certain terms and characteristics that surround the product in question, so that you have more security.
What are French presses?
A French press is, simply put, one of the most popular coffee makers in the barista world. More than 200 years old, it is a professional tool for obtaining coffee, which manages to extract it in its most intense form, managing to satisfy people with the most demanding palates.
It has a mechanism that consists of mixing coarse ground coffee with boiling water. It should be left for approximately 4 minutes and then the lid is placed with the plunger (elongated structure inside). Just after the minutes, it is pressed down, managing to mix both elements together with the natural oils.
What are the advantages of French presses?
Among its main advantages, is the preservation of the coffee flavor, as well as its natural oils, which give the drink a touch of greater intensity. It extracts the greatest amount of coffee when preparing it, giving a body to the drink, and transforming it into an experience, more than a simple liquid.
Although it may seem like the perfect product, the truth is that like any product, the French press has advantages and disadvantages that you should know. The fact that you have them does not mean that it is no longer a good purchase, but it is important that you know all the good and bad aspects of the product.
Home or Travel French Press – What Should You Pay Attention To?
When buying the French press, it is good that you familiarize yourself with two models in particular that are usually found very easily, since depending on the way you consume coffee in your daily routine, one of the two can be a better-adapted option.
With this product then, there are certain varieties, to give you a greater choice when making the purchase. The two models you should know about the French press are the French home press and the French travel press.
Homemade French press:
This is the most common, used directly at home. It is usually a bit heavy, between 500 grams up to almost 1 KG. They are a bit large, so they usually take up space in the kitchen that, although it is not too much, may be necessary to have it available.
It prepares the coffee from where it is, so if you want to take the drink somewhere else, it must be packaged in a thermal flask so that it remains at temperature. They are usually within an affordable price. The preparation process is safer, as it guarantees the complete extraction of flavors and odors.
Travel or portable French press:
It is a practical and portable version of the French press. It has a similar shape to common thermal containers, but with the internal mechanism of the press, to extract the flavor as if you were doing it at home.
They are perfect for a hectic lifestyle, where you have to carry your coffee with you and keep it at a temperature. They are designed to keep you fresh for as long as possible. They can be more expensive, the amount of coffee is usually less, and the finish, although not exactly the same, is very similar to that of the home press.
How much does a French press cost?
Depending on factors such as material, brand, and design, the price may vary, rising or not above the common cost. However, this product may not be too cheap, but it is still affordable, depending on the model you buy, of course.
If you are interested in buying homemade French press models, in durable materials such as stainless steel, prices can be between 300 MXN to 600 MXN, some of which can cost almost 1,000 MXN. This also varies according to the capacity of coffee that the press has.
In case you want a more practical option, that you can transport and allows you to prepare the coffee anywhere, as in the case of the portable French press, the prices are similar, but the capacity is reduced to a maximum of 500 ML, they have a cost between 300 MXN to 500 MXN.
Where to buy a French press?
When you decide to make the purchase, an important point to keep in mind is where it will be made, since it must be a place where you can have a variety of models and prices. If you want to do it in a physical store, Walmart is an excellent option, since it handles a wide catalog of French presses.
In case you want to make your purchase online, there are varieties of web portals where you can find the correct model for you. Pages like “My Coffee Box”, “Crate and Barrel” and “French Press” are excellent for you to do your search and the corresponding purchase.
Other options available to you through the internet are Amazon México and Mercado Libre México. In both, you can find not only a variety of models but also the opinion of the public and the reputation of the seller so that you can make the purchase with the greatest certainty and security.
The price of a French press varies considerably from one brand to another. In general, a quality coffee maker offers more resistance, especially when it comes to the filter.
On inexpensive models, the filter tends to fray and twist around the edges, allowing the soil to escape during preparation. Also, finding a replacement filter is sometimes difficult.
One last tip: the coffee should be medium ground, but if you only have fine coffee, just reduce the infusion to a maximum of 3 minutes.
Using a fine grind can make the process difficult, however, be careful when depressing the plunger so as not to break the glass. Similarly, if you grind it well, keep in mind that you will have more grounds in the cup.