One trend of the past years that seems to be here to stay is the best smartwatch or smartwatches. The designs, prices, and technical characteristics of these devices differ greatly, but they share one characteristic: they are designed to ease your daily life.
In addition, you can find some options that give you notifications so you always know what’s going on, others that track all your steps so you stay healthier, and still others that add accessories for a complete look. To help you choose the most suitable smartwatch based on your needs, we have compiled a list of 2022’s best smartwatches.
Top 10 Best Smartwatches Of 2022
- Lifestyle: This smart watch has always on display with thousands of watch faces to personalize your look and always see the time. Hundreds of apps from assistant to fitness, payments, music, social, news, games, stop watches, and more. With a swimproof design and charging in less than an hour, it’s perfect for all your activities.
- Health and fitness: Heart Rate and Activity Tracking using Google Fit; Built-in GPS for distance tracking; Swimproof design 3ATM; New wellness enhancements allow you to track sleep history, monitor your restfulness and set sleep goals
- Battery life is based on usage and after updates install. Supported features may vary between platforms and countries with compatibility subject to change. Not compatible with Android Go edition or phones without Google Play Store.
- Smart watch functions: Stay connected with notifications for calls, texts, apps and automatic time, time zone and calendar syncing. Never miss a call - answer and make calls directly on your watch when your phone is out of reach.
- Smartwatches powered with Wear OS by Google work with iPhone and Android Phones. Case size: 44mm; Band size: 22mm; interchangeable with all Fossil 22mm bands
- Better track heart rate 24/7 with PurePulse 2.0, Fitbit’s enhanced heart rate technology
- Active Zone Minutes uses your resting heart rate to gauge exercise effort and gives you a buzz when you step up the intensity so you can make the most of your workouts. Fitbit Versa 3 is water resistant to 50 meters
- Run, bike, hike and more phone-free—and see your real-time pace & distance—with built-in GPS. Then check out your workout intensity map in the Fitbit app
- Store and play music & podcasts on Deezer or Pandora, plus control Spotify—all from your wrist. Subscriptions required for use of music services; not available in all countries
- 6-month Fitbit Premium trial for new Premium users (Valid payment method required. Cancel before free trial ends to avoid subscription fees. New Premium users only. Content and features may vary by language and are subject to change.)
- 【Your Watch, Your Style】1.3"/33mm touch screen covered with a gold metal frame, so elegant and nice, but sturdy and anti-scratch. The smart watch contains 5 dials readily available to choose from along with another 30 more dials within the app. You can also customize your watch faces. It can be any photo, such as your family, pet ,etc. NOTE: When there is a software update prompt on the APP, it is recommended to upgrade to the latest software version for a better experience!
- 【Safe Guard Your Health】Advanced HR sensor for accurate and effective heart rate monitoring, helping you better understand your health and making a reasonable adjustment to your lifestyle. Automatic sleep tracking can monitor your sleep status (deep sleep, shallow sleep, awakening) and provide a comprehensive sleep quality analysis to help become healthier. You can view the summary of your status in the fitcloudpro APP.
- 【Overtake Your Expectations】The AGPTEK smart watch is compatible with most iOS 9.0 & Android 5.0 or higher smart phones version to notify you of call, text, email, calendar, and app notifications. The package includes:AGPTEK Smart Watch*1,TPU Silicone Strap*1, Magnetic Charger*1,User Manual*1. If your have any problem, please feel free to contact our customer service via your amazon account.
- 【Long Battery & IP68 Waterproof】The smartwatch only takes 2 hours to charge and can be used for 7-10 days or 30 days standby time, much longer than most traditional watches. The fitness watch is IP68 waterproof, you can wear it when washing hands, in the rain(Note: Do Not use in water more than 100. 40℉, such as showers, saunas, spring, etc).
- 【Your Personal Smart Assistant】Activity tracker (pedometer, calories, distance), heart rate, various sport modes, sleep monitoring.,etc. Get notifications of Call, SMS, and APP messages(THE WATCH CAN NOT MAKE MESSAGES, CALLS or TEXT BACK, Bluetooth distance 8-10 meters), remote control of music and cameras, weather report, sedentary reminder, alarm clock, stopwatch, find phone, call rejection, brightness adjustment, power-saving mode, and other functions to meet your daily needs.
- Keeps track of your energy levels, Pulse Ox (this is not a medical device and is not intended for use in the diagnosis or monitoring of any medical condition), respiration, menstrual cycle, stress, sleep, estimated heart, hydration and more
- Fits wrists with a circumference of 110-175 millimeter
- Record all the ways to move with more than 20 preloaded GPS and indoor sports apps, including yoga, running, swimming and more. Get easy-to-follow, animated workouts right on your watch screen, including strength, cardio, yoga and Pilates
- Stay connected with smart notifications (when paired with a compatible device), for incoming calls, text messages, calendar reminders and more
- Personalize your watch with thousands of free watch faces, apps and widgets from our Connect IQ store
- ★ Tinwoo smart bracelet support GPS positioning function(need to pair with phone, sync the data in the phone), Pairing with APP monitors your trajectory and shows your exercise data in the most accurate way: steps, distance, calories burned. supports all-day static heart rate detection, real-time heart rate detection during exercise and abnormal heart rate reminder.
- ★ Fitness Watches for Men Women ---Equipped with metallic frame and tpu band, with a 1.3-inch round touch full display, ultra-thin body, 14 different clock face to choose, black and white clock switching at sunrise and sunset, the flower / yellow circle on the clock face reminds you whether your training goal was completed.
- ★ Call & message notifications:Receive and read SMS messages and SNS notifications straight to your device(including Facebook, twitter, WhatsApp,LinkedIn and Instagram).You can also hang up incoming phone calls straight from your wrist.Product Package:1*smart watch, 1*watch band,1*product manual,1*magnetic charging cable.If you receive the product with any quality or use problems,please contact Tinwoo team by email in the first time,we will provide you with satisfactory service.
- ★ With a magnetic charging USB cable, support QI wireless charing(but the wireless charing base is not included in the package) 300 mAh lithium polymer battery, only 2h charging, ensure you professional personal health consultants and data records for more than 10 days, standby time can reach up to 15-20 days.
- ★ Tinwoo Fitness Tracker smart watch is suitable for Android 5.0 and above,ios 9.0 and above,not for PC or tablet,only for mobile phones with Bluetooth 4.2 or higher.Pair with your smartphone via Bluetooth connection,application name:"TINWOO".(If you have any questions about App download,please contact us by email,we will provide you with quality service)
- Get connected features such as smart notifications, automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, Live Track and more when paired with a compatible smartphone
- More than 15 pre-loaded GPS and indoor sports apps, including yoga, running, swimming and more; Lens material: Chemically strengthened glass, bezel material: Stainless steel, case material: Fiber reinforced polymer with stainless steel rear cover
- Garmin Pay contact less payment solution lets you pay for purchases with your watch (available for supported cards from participating banks)
- Battery life: Up to 7 days in smartwatch mode; 13 hours in GPS mode; Connectivity Bluetooth Smart and ANT plus. Smartphone compatibility iPhone, Android. Display size: 1.2 inch diameter
- Monitor your fitness level with VO2 max and fitness made estimates, plus keep an eye on how you handle stress; Fits wrists with a circumference of 127 to 204 millimeter
- 【2.86" Big Screen Call Watch】 The Ticwris MAX smartwatch is equipped with a new generation of square LCD screens. With 2.86 inch display and full-screen resolution 480x640,match the latest HD 8.0MP camera, it can offer whether watching video,playing games or good selfies,it will bring you an unprecedented immersive visual experience.
- 【Watch Your Heart】 Equipped with a heart rate sensor and a built-in heart rate monitor, you can check your heart rate during a workout; see your resting, walking, breathe, workout, and recovery rates throughout the day; or take a new reading at any time.
- 【Multifunction】4G smart watch, large memory, detachable strap, 2880mAh large capacity battery, card call, IP67, WiFi. Pedometer, Heart rate measurement, Message, Music Sync Function, Map, Weather, Alarm, APP Store, Sound Recorder, Calendar, Voice Search.
- 【Longer Battery Life】Give your charger a rest. The 2880 mAh battery eliminates the need for daily charging and helps you keep up with your busy week. （Standby time 11 day in 4G mode）
- 【4G LTE Network】Supports 5 network modes and 4G/3G/2G networks,global bands, Global travel, only one 4G smartwatch is enough. Enjoy faster data transmission, lower consumption and more reliable connection from now. Supports Network Frequency:2G GSM:B2,B3,B5,B8; 3G WCDMA:B1,B5,B2; TD-SCDMA:B34/B39;4G FDD LTE:B1,B2,B3,B5,B7,B8,B12,B17,B20;TDD LTE:B38,B39,B40.(NOTE:Works with AT&T,C Spire,Sprint,miSpot,Mosaic Telecom,nTelos,T-Mobile,US Cellular,United Wireless,V-tel,Adams Networks)
- 👉Unique Wearable HR: Provides you professional HR analysis; simply rest your fingers on the sensors for the 30s—no wires or gels required and view the result on the App instantly. Track your rhythm and heart rate to know your heart condition at any time, anywhere, and it gives your peace of mind. An HR video on the App display how the heart rhythm performs must be the most innovative and convenient design.
- 👉24/7 Health Monitor: The updated sleeping monitor not only for the general night detecting but also work for your naps in the daytime. Cared for you with more detailed sleeping data like deep sleep/light sleep in the App. In addition, the Greenlight + infrared dual detecting for heart rate and blood pressure with personalized in-app reports lets you know your health more specifically.
- 👉1.14-inch IPS Color Screen: No bulky but bigger and brighter HD screen than ever. Easier and clear for your reading despite in the sun with the brightness adjustment. With IP68 waterproof capacity, you’re free to wear it for washing hands, take a shower and some water sports. So start to have a try and find more surprises for you.
- 👉Long Battery Life and Wide Compatibility — Way to simplify your life with cordless USB charging style and up to 5 days with a full charged battery for daily progress (Battery life and charge cycles vary with use and other factors). Universal compatible with Android 4.4 or higher, iOS 8.0 or higher smartphones.
- 👉Easy to pair with Intelligent Activity Tracker: Accurately track your steps, walking distance, calories burned, activity time all day which helps you crush your fitness goals. No technology is required to sync with your phone, and easy to access your health report for almost 30 days. Just download the free Morepro and pair through the App.
- Connect to Favorite Apps: The Moto 360 smartwatch runs on the latest version of Wear OS by Google. It offers optimum performance and connectivity to apps like Google Pay, Viber and more; You can sync to music streaming services like Spotify and Shazam and monitor your fitness with health tracking and smartphone notifications.
- Quick Charge In 60 Minutes: Save more time and get your smartwatch from 0 to 100% in 60 minutes with industry-leading ultra-fast charge; With a full capacity of 355mah, enjoy your watch for up to 24 hours even with always-on display; Glitch-free experience with the 1GB RAM capacity and ultra-fast Wear 3100 processor; Storage capacity, 8GB; Case size, 42.8mm; iOS and Android pairing.
- Track your workouts - Built in with the latest GPS, heart rate and step count technology means seamless compatibility with Google Fit, Strava, Adidas Running, Nike Run Club and many more of your favourite health monitoring apps. Moto360 accessories include a USB charging cradle, leather strap and silicone straps.
- New Sleek Design: The Moto 360 smartwatch is carefully crafted to complement your fashion sense; Parts are developed with premium engineering to offer a perfect classy and techy blend; Screen is water-resistant with sunlight-readable display; 20mm leather and silicone interchangeable bands; “Best looking smartwatch you can get right now” - PC Mag
- Use for Longer: Extend your style and comfort with this long-lasting timepiece; The Moto 360 smartwatch is made from premium scratch-resistant glass, stainless steel, titanium screws and PVD coating; This allows you to stay connected to your favorite features and apps with ease; “What makes it different is the materials and build quality” - Digital Trends
- Get Ready To Crush Your Wellness Goals With Body Readings Right On Your Wrist
- Better Sleep Starts Here: Wake Up Feeling Refreshed And Recharged With Advanced Sleep Tracking; When You Go To Bed, Your Galaxy Watch4 Classic Sleep Tracker Starts Monitoring Your Sleep And Spo2 Levels Continuously
- Get The Most Out Of Every Exercise Session With Advanced Workout Tracking That Recognizes 6 Popular Activities, From Running To Rowing To Swimming, Automatically In Just 3 Minutes; Stay Motivated By Connecting To Live Coaching Sessions Via Your Smartphone
- Take Care Of Your Heart With Accurate Ecg Monitoring And Keep An Eye On Possible Atrial Fibrillation, A Common Form Of Irregular Heart Rhythm; Share Personalized Readings With Your Doctor Using The Samsung Health Monitor App On Your Galaxy Phone
Guide To Buying The Best Smartwatch
To buy a smartwatch that perfectly meets your needs, it is first necessary to know exactly what you need and to decide what criteria to use to find it. You may think that some things appear trivial, but they turn out to be crucial for your daily life.
In order to help you pick out the most suitable smartwatch for your tastes and needs, we have created the following buying guide.
Smartwatches and activity bracelets may seem similar at first glance, but as technology advances, more and more functions become standardized, which makes them difficult to distinguish. These bracelets are sometimes even listed in the smartwatches section of online stores themselves.
Smartwatches have the main characteristic of displaying the time as well as the ability to synchronize with your smartphone. With this method, you will get any notification that reaches your phone on your wrist.
Many of them already offer the ability to respond with a touch on the screen or by voice, though it is still common to find devices that allow you to view notifications but not reply, so you must use your phone to reply.
In addition to being able to listen to music, these devices usually have some ways of monitoring your activities such as your sleep routine or your physical activity. You might have to opt for a sports watch if you are very active and demanding in your workouts, but a smartwatch is sufficient if you have moderate physical activity.
Activity bracelets or smart bands, on the other hand, are smaller and more compact, making them particularly useful for exercising. In many cases, smartwatches without screens are not necessary, since they are designed without as many features as smartwatches. As well as providing daily activity monitoring, they can be synced to your smartphone so that you can view the results.
Smartwatches and activity bracelets differ in design and functionality in terms of having the ability to synchronize with your smartphone. Smart bands are suitable for those looking only to check the time and some basic parameters of their daily lives, but smartwatches are better suited for those who want a complement or even an alternative to their mobile phones.
In deciding on one or the other of these watches, battery autonomy is one of the most important aspects. Even if you find the perfect smartwatch, with the features you need, an appealing design, and an affordable price, if its battery cannot last even the amount of time you spend away from home every day, it will prove useless.
When you are considering buying a device, it’s worth checking the battery life. Batteries last at least one or two days on average. You will not be bothered by this if you charge it every night, just as you do with your mobile phone.
As opposed to showing the time always, if you configure it so that it can be turned on by turning the wrist, the autonomy will be greater. As well as adjusting the screen brightness, you will be able to attain this goal by deactivating unnecessary applications or notifications. The battery will drain faster if you have Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or 4G enabled.
In a very short period of time, technology has advanced a great deal, so you can now find smartwatches with up to five days of autonomy.
The most functional devices are not necessarily the best ones, but you need to ask yourself which ones you need and choose the best one for your needs.
If you are only going to use the smartwatch to check your email and to answer calls, for example, then it is pointless to have all the functions available on the market.
Here are a few features you should take note of:
It is likely that you would like to track your times, distance traveled, calories burned, and heart rate when you play sports frequently. A watch with sports modes, in addition to this, may appeal to you if you are an athlete.
In contrast, if you are fond of exercising outside, it would be a good idea to get a device with GPS or that allows you to listen to music without having to carry your phone around.
You can skip some of these options if exercise is not your thing, but they’re highly relevant for an athlete.
The vast majority of smartwatches on the market allow you to access your notifications, but not all of them allow you to respond to them.
Once again, this depends on your needs, as some want only to receive notifications in real-time, to be able to answer them with their mobile phones, while others want to be able to answer them from their wrists. There are even differences between the latter: those who like to type their responses and those who prefer to speak them.
Watches that let you answer messages will have a keyboard option, but you will need a smartwatch with a virtual assistant to use voice, like a Ticwatch or an Apple Watch.
Are there built-in speakers and microphones?
When using your smartwatch to answer calls and even control it using voice commands, both the speaker and the microphone are important. This way, your smartwatch can function independently of your phone.
In order to activate your voice assistant, simply say “OK Google” or “Hey Siri” as you do with your smartphone.
You can also connect a pair of headphones via Bluetooth if you feel that using the speaker will give you an invasion of privacy. The watch gives you the freedom and privacy of your conversations, so you can continue to enjoy both.
It is common for smartwatches to have WiFi or Bluetooth connectivity so that they can sync with your smartphone. In recent years, devices have become more common that allow you to add a SIM card so that you can access data even when your phone is not nearby.
In order to use a device as a replacement for your mobile phone, rather than as a complementary device, you need it to have this type of connectivity, and you need it to be able to handle your own SIM card or have a built-in eSIM.
ESIM cards with this capability allow you to associate several devices with the same number or even multiple numbers within the same eSIM. Moreover, since it won’t have to take up extra space for it to be inserted, its thickness won’t increase.
It has become essential to have GPS connectivity when playing sports outdoors.
Monitoring your routes and creating maps of them is a very appealing feature, as well as staying connected at all times, even when your mobile device is not with you.
Last on our list is a newer form of connectivity: NFC chips, such as those found in smartwatches that enable mobile payments.
Did you know you could pay directly with your phone without paying with cash or a card? Think about how comfortable that would be. In addition, you’ll be able to pay at POS without cash, without cards, or even without a mobile phone by simply bringing your watch to the store.
There are some smartphones that provide this feature and it is becoming increasingly popular. It is not always possible to pay this way with your bank, though you should confirm with your bank.
The compatibility of a smartwatch is, without a doubt, a fundamental consideration when buying one. It should be noted that not all of them are compatible with every smartphone. Some devices are only compatible with Android (such as the OnePlus, whose apps are available only on this platform) and some can only be fully utilized if you use iOS (such as the Apple Watch). In addition, compatibility with these systems also depends on their version.
In the case of Samsung smartwatches, Tizen is usually the operating system. Both Android and iOS devices are compatible with this app.
Since many of the features offered by both devices are connected to the phone, this compatibility ensures that both devices will communicate with each other and that you can use all the features they offer.
If the smartwatch has hardly any functionality and the battery cannot last even a single day, then it is probably not worth purchasing the cheapest one on the market. A cheaper one can have only the features you need and the ones you will use, just like buying the most expensive one is not the best idea.
At present, smartwatches with acceptable functionality can be found for a very affordable price. Typically, smartwatches fall into three categories, based on prices.
From € 0 to € 50
Although some decent watches are available in this price range, keep in mind that they may lack a number of functionalities or their appearance may not be as pleasing as those from higher-priced brands.
- Some Chinese watches are available here as well as many activity bracelets.
From € 50 to € 100
A watch from a lesser-known brand competing with the major ones is common in this price range. As well as those that lowered their prices due to the introduction of new models or versions, we can mention them.
- There is little envy among many people for more expensive smartwatches.
More than 100 €
There are numerous smartwatches from big brands available here, each with a number of features and almost always a very elegant design.
- The quality of the materials used justifies this price, above all else.
Smartwatches must also value design. Normally, when all other things are equal, you choose the one you find most appealing visually.
Consequently, brands have designed watches designed specifically for the smallest women, based on their gender.
Make sure the watch you are considering offers you the opportunity to change the strap as well. Occasionally, one brand may offer you multiple types, but these can be compatible with others with the same width.
You should also pay attention to their size and weight. Due to some of these peculiarities, you may not get used to wearing this watch on your wrist even though you found it very attractive at first.
How do smart watches work?
Smartwatches are similar to traditional watches in their design but have a screen, processor, and internet connection that allow users unlimited possibilities. Besides monitoring physical activity, the watch can also be used to send emails, send messages, or even answer calls.
Which smartwatch is best?
There will be a wide range of smartwatches available depending on your needs and lifestyle. If you are looking for an iPhone accessory that will improve your health, we recommend the Apple Watch Series 6, which features three daily activity rings that you must complete staying active each day. Samsung’s smartwatch, Galaxy Watch Active, is a great choice if you use an Android phone. It has a round design that is both discreet and practical at the same time.
What is the best smartwatch operating system?
As Google and Samsung team up to develop Wear, every operating system is different. Apple Watch OS and Samsung Tizen are the two most popular wearable software platforms at the moment. These two services are easy to use, provide a great fitness tracking system, allow mobile payments, and run the apps available in their app stores. It is not always as easy to use or reliable as Wear OS by Google, but it still offers the same features.
The Wirecutter team has put together a list of the best smartwatches to buy this year. They’ve based their recommendations on three criteria that you should also consider when buying your own new watch—smartwatch features, fitness tracking and design. Check out the article for more information on specific models like the Apple Watch Series 4 or one of Fitbit’s newest offerings. If none of these sounds like what you want, keep looking! You can find something perfect for you in no time at all-just remember to think about which aspects are important to you so that it will fit your lifestyle perfectly before making a purchase decision.