This tool is used to score a piece of glass so that it breaks along the cut. A glass cutter could be just what you need to finish your passion for making stained glass or glass bottles. The windows in your home could benefit from a little DIY work. Perhaps you’re looking for a glass cutter for the workplace. A glass cutter’s suitability for your job depends on what you’re doing and your level of expertise.
When cutting glass, there are two possible outcomes: either you’ll end up with an attractively shaped piece that you can further decorate, or you’ll shatter the sheet of glass and risk cutting yourself. Cutting glass can be intimidating if you’re worried about breaking it, but it doesn’t have to be. There are many advantages to using a glass cutter. All you need is a fast and efficient glass cutter to get the job done quickly.
Anyone can become a professional glass sculptor with a little practice and make some extra money designing glass pieces on the side. However, you shouldn’t settle for any old glass cutting instrument. Get some of the best options available by following our instructions.
- GENERAL TOOLS: We're a recognized leader in designing and developing specialized precision tools dedicated to delivering exceptional customer service. We encourage artisans and DIYers to work smarter, measure better, and repair more productively.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: Tapered handle boasts a flat surface near cutting wheel for a comfortable finger position, providing the best leverage.
- MULTI-USE: Perfect for cutting glass and DIY projects including mirrors, window panes, custom picture frames, glass shelves and stained glass.
- HEAVY-DUTY: Steel wheel with honed angle of 120 degrees for cutting single or double strength glass.
- PRECISE/SMOOTH CUTTING: This glass cutter can cut plate glass from 1/8" to 1/4" thick with teeth for remove rough edges.
- 【WIDE APPLICATION】 The glass cutter tool is suitable for different glass types, ideal tool for DIY, mosaic, tiles, mirror, stained glass cutting and household cutting work.
- 【UPGRADED CUTTER HEAD 】Are you worried about unsmooth glass cutting? Now our product can crack this problem as a whole, Premium Carbide glass cutter, sharp and smoother cutting. Absolute precision guaranteed cutting to guarantee smooth operation.
- 【100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION】 Strict quality inspection make each of our products high quality, if you're not fully satisfied we will give you a full refund. try it, totally risk free!
- 【EASY TO USE】 Anti-skid durable alloy handle, ergonomically designed, reduces wrist fatigue. When pressure is applied, an automatic oil dispensing system keeps the wheel lubricated every time you cut, make the cutting head is more fluent and sharp. (Package does not contain glass cutter oil）
- 【LARGER CUTTING RANGE】 3 pieces of cutting heads with different sizes in our package, 2-6mm, 6-12mm and 12-20mm, Easy to change the cutting blade for cutting different glass thickness.
- 【100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION】 With purchase you will get both E-book and VIDEO TUTRIALS, our team provides you with detailed instructions for using the glass cutter for bottles, we are sure you will love this amazing bottle cutter, however, if you're not fully satisfied we will give you a full refund.
- 【DIY CREATIVITY & ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION】 Use our glass bottle cutter to create your plant holders, candle holders and table bottle lamps, express yourself in creative and imaginative ways with this fun, By your creative recycle ideas and handmade practice, contribute to the protection of the environment.
- 【ADJUSTABLE & EASY TO USE】 There is a adjustable position block at the baffle for a more precise cutting. Easy to adjust length for up to 20 inch bottle shapes - Beer, Liquor, Whiskey, Alcohol, Champagne, Round Bottle.
- 【COMPLETE GLASS CUTTING TOOL KIT】 You will receive all the bottle cutter accessories you need to use the bottle cutter: 1 glass cutter + 1 spare cutting blade + 6 fixing rubber rings + 2 spare screws + 1 position block + 2 sandpaper + 1 cleaning sponge + 1 pair of gloves + 1 glass drill bit + 1 screwdriver.
- 【UPGRADED STRUCTURAL DESIGN & FEATURES】 This bottle cutter includes 5 support wheels created specifically to better stabilize the bottle, 2 ultra-strong diamond carbide blade guaranteed for over 400,000 cuts, built with stable and solid made of stainless steel bottom plate to the highest quality standards you should expect.
- 【Come with Rubber Tip】Made from high density synthetic polymers.With plastic tip covers on the jaws, the rubber tip cover protects the glass or mirror from getting scratched or chipped from the tool. The rubber tips to help glass securely.
- 【Premium Glass Pliers & Breaking Pliers Set】 Made of heavy duty carbon steel for rust-resistance, PVC rubber handle is ergonomic and soft, which allows you to grip comfortably. Adjustable set screw design of glass running pliers for controlling the amount of pressure applied, easy to adjust for different thicknesses of glass.The breaking pliers with a spring-loaded jaws for releasing pressure easily, improving breaking efficiency.
- 【Widely Application】Work great for glass fusing, breaking small pieces of glass for crafts, mosaic, tiles, mirror, stained glass cutting, ceramic, glass tile, crystal mosaic, window panes . Ideal for all kinds of DIY project and home decoration glass cutting.
- 【Great Pencil Style Oil Feed Glass Cutter Set】Premium Carbide cutter wheel and alloy handle,absolute precision guaranteed cutting to guarantee smooth operation. The automatic oil dispensing system keeps the wheel lubricated all the time when applying pressure with the glass cutter, making sure sharp and smoother cutting. Cutting range in 2-20mm, change the cutting head blade for different thickness of glass with ease.
- 【What you Get】The glass cutting tool kit contains 1 pcs Glass Running Pliers, 1pcs Breaker Grozer Pliers, 1 pcs alloy handle, 1pcs 12-20mm Cutting Head, 1 pcs 2-6mm Cutting Head, 1pcs 6-12mm Cutting Head, 1 pcs Oil Dropper and 1 pcs Screwdriver, totally 8 pcs each package. In addition, offer reliable after-sale service, pls feel fee contact us for any dissatisfaction; We will reply you within 12 hour for your satisfaction.
- Create Meaningful Gifts - Reuse, Reduce and Recycle. Say no to glass waste and use this innovative glass bottle cutter kit to create beautiful handmade gifts for your loved ones that they will truly appreciate.
- Our Promise - We have designed this bottle cutting kit keeping quality in mind. Your lifetime warranty is included with this purchase. In the rare circumstance that you are not completely satisfied with this product, it can be returned for a full refund. We are always available to our customers should any issue arise.
- Super Easy to Use - Even beginners can create DIY vases, candle holders, and more in 3 easy steps with our glass cutter for bottles! 1-Place the bottle on support wheels. 2-Rotate until scored. 3-Run hot water over score mark, then dip in cold water. Watch it come apart in a clean cut within minutes!
- Includes Complete Glass Cutting Kit - This bottle cutter & glass cutter kit comes with a glass cutting machine, a glass cutter tool, cut-resistant safety gloves, a simplified instruction manual & glasspaper to smooth the edges of cut glass.
- Long-Lasting Glass Bottle Cutter - Our lightweight wine bottle cutter tool for glass cutting boasts of an adjustable design that fits any bottle size up to 7.67 inches. The ultra-strong blade made of diamond carbide can make 100,000 precise cuts on any round bottle like wine and beer bottles or mason jars.
- Suitable size: the length of the grip cutting tool is 15.5 cm/ 6.1 inch, and the cutting heads contain the size of 2-6 mm and 6-12 mm, which can satisfy your needs of replacement to fit the kinds of glass
- Wide applications: this stained glass cutting tool is equipped with pointed cutting edges and can automatically dispense oil, which can be applied for tile edge trimming, glass, mirror, mosaic, minerals, etc.
- Reliable material: the oil feed glass cutter is mainly made of acrylic material, hard and not easy to break; The blade is protected by a multi-layer acrylic board, which is not easy to cut your hands; With the automatic lubrication function, the pistol glass cutter can operate smoothly and efficiently
- What you get: the package includes 2 pieces of grip oil feed glass cutter tools with 2 pieces of replacing cutter heads in the size of 2-6 mm and 2 pieces of oil reservoirs, enough quantity to meet your different needs in daily work
- Practical styling design: the heavy duty glass cutter adopts a pistol-grip design, comfortable to grip and labor-saving; Matched with two drip tubes, the glass cutting tool set can work effectively and conveniently
- DESIGNED FOR PROFESSIONALS: With a 48-inch vertical cutting capacity and patented lever clamping system that holds material in place, this shop cutter ups your productivity, efficiency, and accuracy.
- A MULTIPURPOSE CUTTER: Tackle the big projects with this innovative cutting machine that handles material sheets up to 48” in height and mounts on a wall or freestanding installation.
- FLETCHER TOOLS: We're the leading manufacturer of quality tabletop and wall-mounted cutters because we love helping businesses grow and thrive with professional design tools they can count on.
- SUPERIOR CUTTING ABILITY: This professional glass scorer has a 3-position cutting turret featuring a glass-cutting wheel unit, plastic scoring blade, and mat/foam-board cutting blade. Purchase package includes (10) glass scoring wheels, (10) acrylic scoring blades and (10) cutting blades.
- UNLIKE ANYTHING ON THE MARKET: A Fletcher innovation, the turret makes changing between materials easy, while a ramping feature lifts the scoring wheel on the top edge of glass for a clean edge break. Application tip for glass, the lighter the score the better the breakout of glass.
- ♛【Application】: Whether you are a professional decoration worker or an amateur who wants to DIY, this set of cutting tools will be your good partner at work. They can be used in various of glass, tiles, mirror, mosaic, very suitable for DIY, and is your great helper for your household cutter working.
- ♛【What You Get】: This set includes a heavy breaker grozer plier, a glass running pliers, a glass cutting pliers and a cross screwdriver. We provide you with all the tools for cutting glass at one time, it will meet all your needs during the entire cutting process.
- ♛【Premium Material】: The cutter is made of superior carbide, with strong hardness, it can make precise and clean cuts where you mark on the glass. At the same time, this material also has anti-oxidation characteristics, so it can be used for a long time. The handshake is made of alloy, and the surface is treated with anti-skid treatment to make the cutting smoother.
- ♛【Easy to Operation】: The glass cutter is designed in a pencil shape, which is easy to grasp; the cutter head can be rotated, it’s very convenient to change the knife head. The cutting knife also uses the automatic oil dispensing system, which reduces the trouble of oiling the tool.
- ♛【About the Pliers】: The glass running pliers are equipped with adjustable screws. Turning the screw, you can adjust the pressure applied by the pliers to the glass. The adjustable design allows you to use it in the process of cutting glass of different thicknesses.
- Light Weight Finger Stop Design: Designed for comfort, durability, and performance. This glass cutter with a finger stop design prevents finger from slipping when griping. Would help users to cut with ease, and get a precise and clear score.
- Industrial Grade and Precise: The cutting wheel is made of durable Tungsten Carbide and cutting life is over 12.42 meters. Made with a cutting range of 5/64" to 3/4". Absolute precision guaranteed.
- Self-Oiling System: The glass cutter is self-oiling, when pressure is applied, oil automatically flows with the oil dispensing system and keeps blade lubricated every time you cut. Please note that the kit doesn't contain oil and need to buy seperately
- Use on a Variety of Materials: This glass cutter can be applied to glass, tiles and mirror. An perfect ideal tool for household and cutting work.
- Comfortable and Portable: The metal hand grip is easy to hold and reduces wrist fatigue. A lightweight and compact design means the glass cutter tool is eass to carry.
Benefits of Glass Cutters
- Ascertain that your cuts are precise and straight. To weaken the glass, a glass cutter is used to make a score or mark. When used properly, it will not chip or crack the glass. The part you do not require can be snapped off with additional force, or advanced glass splitting techniques can keep both pieces together.
- Reduce your resource consumption. Inexpensive or unconventional tools can crack or shatter glass into small fragments. If you make a living working with glass on a regular basis, this could result in recurring losses due to the material’s frequent waste.
- Durable and dependable. A glass cutting blade’s cutting edge is extremely hard and can be used repeatedly without becoming dull. If this is the case, all that is required is for you to sharpen or replace the blade.
- Empty glass bottles can be recycled. You can safely transform empty glass bottles into vases, lamps, candleholders, gardening containers, and any other type of decoration by using a glass cutter.
Cutter Types For Cutting Glass Tile
1. Glass Cutter with Pistol Grip
As the name implies, this particular glass cutter’s grip is shaped like a pistol’s. For smooth cutting, the pistol-grip glass cutter has an oil-filled grip that stores cutting oil.
A pistol-grip glass cutter makes it easier to cut glass tiles. Pistol-grip glass cutters are ideal for people who have trouble with wrist movements. They’re easy to hold and don’t require a lot of pressure.
A Glass Cutter with a Pencil Grip
The most common method of cutting glass tiles is with a pencil-grip glass cutter. It’s shaped like a pencil and is held in the same way as a pencil. A wheel on the tip of the tool makes it easy to score glass precisely.
Glass cutting oil is required by some pencil-grip glass cutters, while others can be used without it.
3. Glass Cutter with a Custom Grip
With the exception of the grip design, custom-grip glass cutters are very similar to pencil-grip glass cutters. A saddle-like shape allows you to rest your thumb and index finger while cutting glass tiles with this type of cutter. Additionally, the height of the saddle can be adjusted to ensure that you are comfortable as you cut your food.
By tapping on the glass, you can score it with this type of cutter. More tapping will result in a deeper slicing depth. There is a reservoir in the grip because this tool requires cutting oil.
Glass Cutter No. 4 by Thomas Grip
Glass cutters made with a Thomas-grip have the same saddle design as those made with a custom grip, but they’re smaller. As the blade swivels 360 degrees, this type of glass cutter makes it easier to cut glass into the desired shape.
The Fletcher Glass Cutter is number five.
Cutting glass tiles with a Fletcher glass cutter is a cheap and simple process. When tapped, a metal ball at the end of the rod snaps the glass. It is possible to pull the glass pieces apart using the notches if they are only partially broken.
When cutting with this type of tool, it may be necessary to dip notches into a reservoir of cutting oil in order to achieve the best results.
Size of the wheel
Glass tile cutters come in a variety of wheel sizes. The diameter of the wheel you choose depends on the task at hand. When cutting small tiles, you’ll need a glass cutter with a wheel diameter of 5.5 mm, and for larger projects, you’ll need a cutter with an even larger wheel diameter of at least 8 mm.
Steel or tungsten carbide are the most common materials for the head of glass cutters. Sharpening steel heads on a regular basis is necessary to ensure that they produce smoother cuts.
Carbide heads, on the other hand, are more expensive than steel heads, but they don’t need to be sharpened as often. Durability is another benefit of using these items for an extended period of time.
What kind of project you’re working on will dictate what kind of materials you’ll need.
The Design of the Handle
When purchasing a glass tile cutter, you should also pay attention to the handle design. In the majority of cases, glass cutters are available with both a pencil and pistol grip. There are two types of grip handles those that mimic the shape of a pencil and those that mimic the shape of an actual pistol.
Glass tile cutters with pistol grip handles are best for long-term tiling projects to avoid hand fatigue.
Equipped with Self-Oiling Capability
Some glass cutters, as previously mentioned, require lubrication with glass cutting oil, while others can be used without it. Avoiding fatigue is an important consideration when cutting a large number of glass tiles. Using an oil-lubricated glass tile cutter is the best option in this case.
Inquiries that are frequently asked
What Is Your Favorite Method For Cutting Glass Tiles?
While it is possible to cut glass tiles with handsaws and scissors, the results can be sloppy and won’t be as smooth as they could be. In contrast, a glass tile cutter is specifically designed for scoring glass tiles.
With a glass tile cutter, how do you use it?
If you want to use the manual scoring method, here are the steps:
The piece of glass should be placed face down on a flat surface.
The length of the glass you want to cut can be measured with a ruler or a measuring tape. Make a mark with a black marker along the length.
c. Grab the glass cutter and place the scoring wheel on the marked line. Make sure the straightedge is aligned with the marked line, and then use the wheel to scroll the straightedge along the marked line. The glass may shatter if you scroll more than once.
A soft material, such as foam or fabric, can be placed under the glass to give it some height. Check to see that the score mark is centered on the printed material.
Simply press down on both sides of the glass and it will break in two.
A tile sanding and polishing stone can be used to smooth the edges of a newly cut tile.
Do You Cut Glass Tile Face Up or Face Down?
It’s correct that you should cut the glass tile with its front face up. In the end, only the front side of the tile will be seen. You will reduce the risk of accidentally cutting through the design if the front side has designed.
Is It Possible to Repair a Scratched Glass Surface?
Applying a mixture of water, regular white toothpaste, and baking soda to a light scratch mark on the surface of your glass tile can remove it. Even a thin layer of clear nail polish can hide a scratch.
The entire tile will have to be replaced if the damage is more extensive.
Is It Difficult To Maintain Glass Tile?
Maintaining glass tiles is a simple task. You can use window cleaner, soapy water, or a mixture of vinegar and warm water to clean the glass tile’s surface. Glass is naturally resistant to stains, so there will be no blemishes.
Is it Expensive to Install Glass Tiles?
Although glass tiles are more expensive than ceramic tiles, porcelain tiles are not more expensive than glass tiles. Glass tiles, despite their high price, are easy to maintain, stain resistant, and bright.
Finally, I will say this:
Do you enjoy using a variety of tools to complete DIY projects? Because if that’s the case, why would you pay a professional to do it for you?
The only part of installing glass tiles that requires caution is cutting the tiles. The best glass tile cutter is required to safely cut the tiles.
We’ve done our homework and narrowed it down to those that we believe will deliver the highest quality results. It doesn’t matter which glass tile cutter you use, you’ll be able to cut your kitchen’s beautiful tiles with ease!