This tool is used to score a piece of glass so that it breaks along the cut. A glass cutter could be just what you need to finish your passion for making stained glass or glass bottles. The windows in your home could benefit from a little DIY work. Perhaps you’re looking for a glass cutter for the workplace. A glass cutter’s suitability for your job depends on what you’re doing and your level of expertise.
When cutting glass, there are two possible outcomes: either you’ll end up with an attractively shaped piece that you can further decorate, or you’ll shatter the sheet of glass and risk cutting yourself. Cutting glass can be intimidating if you’re worried about breaking it, but it doesn’t have to be. There are many advantages to using a glass cutter. All you need is a fast and efficient glass cutter to get the job done quickly.
Anyone can become a professional glass sculptor with a little practice and make some extra money designing glass pieces on the side. However, you shouldn’t settle for any old glass cutting instrument. Get some of the best options available by following our instructions.
- 【UPGRADED CUTTER HEAD 】Are you worried about unsmooth glass cutting? Now our product can crack this problem as a whole, Premium Carbide glass cutter, sharp and smoother cutting. Absolute precision guaranteed cutting to guarantee smooth operation.
- 【EASY TO USE】 Anti-skid durable alloy handle, ergonomically designed, reduces wrist fatigue. When pressure is applied, an automatic oil dispensing system keeps the wheel lubricated every time you cut, make the cutting head is more fluent and sharp.
- 【LARGER CUTTING RANGE】 3 pieces of cutting heads with different sizes in our package, 2-6mm, 6-12mm and 12-20mm, Easy to change the cutting blade for cutting different glass thickness.
- 【WIDE APPLICATION】 The glass cutter tool is suitable for different glass types, ideal tool for DIY, mosaic, tiles, mirror, stained glass cutting and household cutting work.
- 【100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION】 Strict quality inspection make each of our products high quality, if you're not fully satisfied we will give you a full refund. try it, totally risk free!
- PRECISE/SMOOTH CUTTING- General Tools 8501 can cut plate glass from 1/8" to 1/4" thick with teeth for remove rough edges
- HEAVY-DUTY- Steel wheel with honed angle of 120 degrees for cutting single or double strength glass
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN – tapered handle boasts a flat surface near cutting wheel for a comfortable finger position, providing the best leverage
- BALL END – on the end of the handle there is a ball that will create elevation to aid in snapping off scored glass
- MULTI-USE- perfect for cutting glass and DIY projects including mirrors, window panes, custom picture frames, glass shelves and stained glass
- A Precise Cutting tool - This high-quality glass bottle cutter & glass cutter kit is lightweight and very easy to use for beginners. The easily adjustable design fits any bottle size up to 7.67 inches. This functional device comes with five support wheels that help stabilize the bottle for precise cutting. The ultra-strong blade is made of diamond carbide and will last you up to 100,000 cuts. It works great with a variety of empty bottles like wine bottles, beer bottles, or even mason jars.
- Unleash Your Creativity - Rejoice, innovative DIY crafts enthusiasts and beginners! Get imaginative and turn empty bottles into creative handmade gifts like wind chimes, vases, hanging tea-candle holders, and more. The glass cutter for bottles is simple to use. Just secure the empty bottle in place over the five support wheels and rotate it until it’s scored. Run boiled hot water over the score mark and instantly dip in cold water. Within minutes you'll see the bottle come apart in a clean cut!
- Complete Kit for Glass Cutting - This glass & bottle cutter kit is all you need to cut glass! It comes with a bottle cutting machine, a glass cutter tool, cut-resistant gloves for your safety, a simplified instruction manual & glasspaper to smooth the edges of cut glass. Only Home Pro Shop's Glass Bottle Cutter DIY Tool includes free audiobook and e-book versions of every crafter's favorite book, "Bottle Art" (retails for $30), to help you master the art of glass-cutting.
- Good for the Planet- Did you know that every month, we collectively throw out enough glass bottles and jars to fill up a giant skyscraper? This bottle cutting kit is one of the eco-friendly solutions to lead a zero-waste lifestyle. Make tea candle holders, table bottle lamps, drinking glasses, plant holders, and so much more! Let's bring back the tradition of handmade gifts. Use this tool to form a fun, rewarding hobby while saving the planet.
- Our Promise - We have designed this product keeping quality in mind. Your lifetime warranty is included with this purchase. In the rare circumstance that you are not completely satisfied with this product, it can be returned for a full refund. We are always available to our customers should any issue arise.
- LIGHT PENCIL STYLE DESIGN: Designed for comfort, durability, and performance. This industrial grade glass cutter has a pencil design in order to ensure comfort and performance for the user.
- INDUSTRIAL GRADE & PRECISION: The cutting wheel is made of durable Tungsten Carbide and cutting life is over 20,000 meters. Made with a cutting range of 2mm-19mm. Absolute precision guaranteed.
- USE ON A VARIETY OF MATERIALS: This glass cutter can be applied to glass, diamond and minerals, making it an ideal tool for household and cutting work.
- SELF-OILING: The glass cutter is self-oiling, when pressure is applied an automatic oil dispensing system keeps the wheel lubricated every time you cut.
- COMFORTABLE AND PORTABLE: The metal hand grip is easy to hold and reduces wrist fatigue. A lightweight and compact design means this glass cutter tool is easy to carry.
- 【UPGRADED STRUCTURAL DESIGN & FEATURES】 This bottle cutter includes 5 support wheels created specifically to better stabilize the bottle, 2 ultra-strong diamond carbide blade guaranteed for over 400,000 cuts, built with stable and solid made of stainless steel bottom plate to the highest quality standards you should expect.
- 【ADJUSTABLE & EASY TO USE】 There is a adjustable position block at the baffle for a more precise cutting. Easy to adjust length for up to 20 inch bottle shapes - Beer, Liquor, Whiskey, Alcohol, Champagne, Round Bottle.
- 【COMPLETE GLASS CUTTING TOOL KIT】 You will receive all the bottle cutter accessories you need to use the bottle cutter: 1 glass cutter + 1 spare cutting blade + 6 fixing rubber rings + 2 spare screws + 1 position block + 2 sandpaper + 1 cleaning sponge + 1 pair of gloves + 1 glass drill bit + 1 screwdriver.
- 【DIY CREATIVITY & ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION】 Use our glass bottle cutter to create your plant holders, candle holders and table bottle lamps, express yourself in creative and imaginative ways with this fun, By your creative recycle ideas and handmade practice, contribute to the protection of the environment.
- 【100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION】 With purchase you will get both E-book and VIDEO TUTRIALS, our team provides you with detailed instructions for using the glass cutter for bottles, we are sure you will love this amazing bottle cutter, however, if you're not fully satisfied we will give you a full refund.
- [ALL-IN-ONE-KIT]: All the tools you need for glass cutting are included. No additional tools needed. Good to be used more than 10 thousand times.
- [CUSTOM FORMULATED OIL]: Our glass cutting oil is customized and optimized for glass cutting. The strong lubrication ability will protect the cutting head very well.
- [APPLICABLE SCOPE]: Our product provides replaceable blades which can be used to cut mirrors (2mm-6mm), glass (6mm-12mm) and ceramic tiles (12mm-20mm).
- [EASY TO USE]: It only takes a few simple steps to complete the work. Our unique automatic oil supply system will ensure the products can be used continually.
- [60-DAY FULL REFUND GUARANTEE ]: Return for a full refund within 60 days if you are not satisfied with our product.
- ♛【What You Get】: This set includes a heavy breaker grozer plier, a glass running pliers, a glass cutting pliers and a cross screwdriver. We provide you with all the tools for cutting glass at one time, it will meet all your needs during the entire cutting process.
- ♛【Premium Material】: The cutter is made of superior carbide, with strong hardness, it can make precise and clean cuts where you mark on the glass. At the same time, this material also has anti-oxidation characteristics, so it can be used for a long time. The handshake is made of alloy, and the surface is treated with anti-skid treatment to make the cutting smoother.
- ♛【Easy to Operation】: The glass cutter is designed in a pencil shape, which is easy to grasp; the cutter head can be rotated, it’s very convenient to change the knife head. The cutting knife also uses the automatic oil dispensing system, which reduces the trouble of oiling the tool.
- ♛【About the Pliers】: The glass running pliers are equipped with adjustable screws. Turning the screw, you can adjust the pressure applied by the pliers to the glass. The adjustable design allows you to use it in the process of cutting glass of different thicknesses.
- ♛【Application】: Whether you are a professional decoration worker or an amateur who wants to DIY, this set of cutting tools will be your good partner at work. They can be used in various of glass, tiles, mirror, mosaic, very suitable for DIY, and is your great helper for your household cutter working.
- 【What you Get】The glass cutting tool kit contains 1 pcs Glass Running Pliers, 1pcs Breaker Grozer Pliers, 1 pcs alloy handle, 1pcs 12-20mm Cutting Head, 1 pcs 2-6mm Cutting Head, 1pcs 6-12mm Cutting Head, 1 pcs Oil Dropper and 1 pcs Screwdriver, totally 8 pcs each package. In addition, offer reliable after-sale service, pls feel fee contact us for any dissatisfaction; We will reply you within 12 hour for your satisfaction.
- 【Premium Glass Pliers & Breaking Pliers Set】 Made of heavy duty carbon steel for rust-resistance, PVC rubber handle is ergonomic and soft, which allows you to grip comfortably. Adjustable set screw design of glass running pliers for controlling the amount of pressure applied, easy to adjust for different thicknesses of glass.The breaking pliers with a spring-loaded jaws for releasing pressure easily, improving breaking efficiency.
- 【Come with Rubber Tip】Made from high density synthetic polymers.With plastic tip covers on the jaws, the rubber tip cover protects the glass or mirror from getting scratched or chipped from the tool. The rubber tips to help glass securely.
- 【Great Pencil Style Oil Feed Glass Cutter Set】Premium Carbide cutter wheel and alloy handle,absolute precision guaranteed cutting to guarantee smooth operation. The automatic oil dispensing system keeps the wheel lubricated all the time when applying pressure with the glass cutter, making sure sharp and smoother cutting. Cutting range in 2-20mm, change the cutting head blade for different thickness of glass with ease.
- 【Widely Application】Work great for glass fusing, breaking small pieces of glass for crafts, mosaic, tiles, mirror, stained glass cutting, ceramic, glass tile, crystal mosaic, window panes . Ideal for all kinds of DIY project and home decoration glass cutting.
- ❤️Sales Now: Limited time offer!★Unique Pistol Grip Design - The glass cutter is easy to hold and reduces wrist fatigue, letting you score glass with little effort and gives you clean cuts.
- ★Heavy Duty - This stained glass cutting tool uses industrial grade frosted iron Head , the wheel is made of durable Tungsten Carbide, cutting life is over 20000 meters, outlast other cutters by up to 30 times!
- ★Refined Oil Feed System - The hand-held mosaic cutter features automatic oil dispensing system keep the wheel lubrication while you cut. Wide Applications: It can be used to score lines on surfaces like Glass, Mosaic, Tiles, Mirrors, Diamond and Minerals.
- ★Replaceable Cutter Heads - Each package comes with 2 cutter heads, One is for cutting 2mm-6mm thickness glass, the other is for 6mm-12mm. The cutting heads can 360-degree rotate.
- ★Satisfaction Guaranteed - The heavy duty cutter has passed the CE, SGS certification. We offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee on all sales. Oil does not come with the cutter.
- ✅ MORE STABLE DESIGN --- Unlike other products with only 3 adjustment scales, ours can be adjusted to any scale, the length of the cutting blade to the support plate can be adjusted 3.1"-11", makes more stable when cutting bottles. This bottle cutting kit is designed for cutting round bottles, such as wine, beer, whiskey, champagne, water or soda bottles, ALSO could be used to cut square and oval bottles, just needs some practice.
- ✅ ABSOLUTE COMPLETE BOTTLE CUTTING KIT --- Our product is definitely the one with the most complete accessories in market! Package includes a premium quality Glass Bottle Cutter. Along with this device, you will receive all the accessories you need to use: 2* cutting blades, 1* glass hole saw, 1*pair of gloves, 2*fixing rubber ring, 2*matte paper, 1* cleaning sponge, 1*33ft hemp rope, 1*pencil glass cutting tool, 1*screwdriver, 1*instruction. You can cut the bottles conveniently and safely.
- ✅ DIY CREATIVITY & ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION --- Use our professional glass cutter to create your own Christmas table bottle lamps or turn used wine bottles into colorful vases, drinking glasses, plant holders, wind chimes, and even hanging tea candle holders. While decorating your unique and beautiful life, it also contributes to environmental protection, rather than discarding bottles directly.
- ✅ EASY TO USE & DURABLE --- Place the bottle on the wine bottle cutter, apply a constant medium pressure, and rotate the glass bottle. Alternately rinse slowly the cutting surface with boiling water and cold water three times, each time for more than 40 seconds. Then the glass bottle will be automatically separated. The blade is made of highest quality diamond carbide, after 20000 cutting tests, but still works well.
- 💗 TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR SATICFACTION --- If you find any quality problems on this product, don't hesitate to contact us directly, we will do our best to solve the problem for you as well as protect your money from loss. We will be online 24 hours a day to solve your problems.
Benefits of Glass Cutters
- Ascertain that your cuts are precise and straight. To weaken the glass, a glass cutter is used to make a score or mark. When used properly, it will not chip or crack the glass. The part you do not require can be snapped off with additional force, or advanced glass splitting techniques can keep both pieces together.
- Reduce your resource consumption. Inexpensive or unconventional tools can crack or shatter glass into small fragments. If you make a living working with glass on a regular basis, this could result in recurring losses due to the material’s frequent waste.
- Durable and dependable. A glass cutting blade’s cutting edge is extremely hard and can be used repeatedly without becoming dull. If this is the case, all that is required is for you to sharpen or replace the blade.
- Empty glass bottles can be recycled. You can safely transform empty glass bottles into vases, lamps, candleholders, gardening containers, and any other type of decoration by using a glass cutter.
Cutter Types For Cutting Glass Tile
1. Glass Cutter with Pistol Grip
As the name implies, this particular glass cutter’s grip is shaped like a pistol’s. For smooth cutting, the pistol-grip glass cutter has an oil-filled grip that stores cutting oil.
A pistol-grip glass cutter makes it easier to cut glass tiles. Pistol-grip glass cutters are ideal for people who have trouble with wrist movements. They’re easy to hold and don’t require a lot of pressure.
A Glass Cutter with a Pencil Grip
The most common method of cutting glass tiles is with a pencil-grip glass cutter. It’s shaped like a pencil and is held in the same way as a pencil. A wheel on the tip of the tool makes it easy to score glass precisely.
Glass cutting oil is required by some pencil-grip glass cutters, while others can be used without it.
3. Glass Cutter with a Custom Grip
With the exception of the grip design, custom-grip glass cutters are very similar to pencil-grip glass cutters. A saddle-like shape allows you to rest your thumb and index finger while cutting glass tiles with this type of cutter. Additionally, the height of the saddle can be adjusted to ensure that you are comfortable as you cut your food.
By tapping on the glass, you can score it with this type of cutter. More tapping will result in a deeper slicing depth. There is a reservoir in the grip because this tool requires cutting oil.
Glass Cutter No. 4 by Thomas Grip
Glass cutters made with a Thomas-grip have the same saddle design as those made with a custom grip, but they’re smaller. As the blade swivels 360 degrees, this type of glass cutter makes it easier to cut glass into the desired shape.
The Fletcher Glass Cutter is number five.
Cutting glass tiles with a Fletcher glass cutter is a cheap and simple process. When tapped, a metal ball at the end of the rod snaps the glass. It is possible to pull the glass pieces apart using the notches if they are only partially broken.
When cutting with this type of tool, it may be necessary to dip notches into a reservoir of cutting oil in order to achieve the best results.
Size of the wheel
Glass tile cutters come in a variety of wheel sizes. The diameter of the wheel you choose depends on the task at hand. When cutting small tiles, you’ll need a glass cutter with a wheel diameter of 5.5 mm, and for larger projects, you’ll need a cutter with an even larger wheel diameter of at least 8 mm.
Steel or tungsten carbide are the most common materials for the head of glass cutters. Sharpening steel heads on a regular basis is necessary to ensure that they produce smoother cuts.
Carbide heads, on the other hand, are more expensive than steel heads, but they don’t need to be sharpened as often. Durability is another benefit of using these items for an extended period of time.
What kind of project you’re working on will dictate what kind of materials you’ll need.
The Design of the Handle
When purchasing a glass tile cutter, you should also pay attention to the handle design. In the majority of cases, glass cutters are available with both a pencil and pistol grip. There are two types of grip handles those that mimic the shape of a pencil and those that mimic the shape of an actual pistol.
Glass tile cutters with pistol grip handles are best for long-term tiling projects to avoid hand fatigue.
Equipped with Self-Oiling Capability
Some glass cutters, as previously mentioned, require lubrication with glass cutting oil, while others can be used without it. Avoiding fatigue is an important consideration when cutting a large number of glass tiles. Using an oil-lubricated glass tile cutter is the best option in this case.
Inquiries that are frequently asked
What Is Your Favorite Method For Cutting Glass Tiles?
While it is possible to cut glass tiles with handsaws and scissors, the results can be sloppy and won’t be as smooth as they could be. In contrast, a glass tile cutter is specifically designed for scoring glass tiles.
With a glass tile cutter, how do you use it?
If you want to use the manual scoring method, here are the steps:
The piece of glass should be placed face down on a flat surface.
The length of the glass you want to cut can be measured with a ruler or a measuring tape. Make a mark with a black marker along the length.
c. Grab the glass cutter and place the scoring wheel on the marked line. Make sure the straightedge is aligned with the marked line, and then use the wheel to scroll the straightedge along the marked line. The glass may shatter if you scroll more than once.
A soft material, such as foam or fabric, can be placed under the glass to give it some height. Check to see that the score mark is centered on the printed material.
Simply press down on both sides of the glass and it will break in two.
A tile sanding and polishing stone can be used to smooth the edges of a newly cut tile.
Do You Cut Glass Tile Face Up or Face Down?
It’s correct that you should cut the glass tile with its front face up. In the end, only the front side of the tile will be seen. You will reduce the risk of accidentally cutting through the design if the front side has designed.
Is It Possible to Repair a Scratched Glass Surface?
Applying a mixture of water, regular white toothpaste, and baking soda to a light scratch mark on the surface of your glass tile can remove it. Even a thin layer of clear nail polish can hide a scratch.
The entire tile will have to be replaced if the damage is more extensive.
Is It Difficult To Maintain Glass Tile?
Maintaining glass tiles is a simple task. You can use window cleaner, soapy water, or a mixture of vinegar and warm water to clean the glass tile’s surface. Glass is naturally resistant to stains, so there will be no blemishes.
Is it Expensive to Install Glass Tiles?
Although glass tiles are more expensive than ceramic tiles, porcelain tiles are not more expensive than glass tiles. Glass tiles, despite their high price, are easy to maintain, stain resistant, and bright.
Finally, I will say this:
Do you enjoy using a variety of tools to complete DIY projects? Because if that’s the case, why would you pay a professional to do it for you?
The only part of installing glass tiles that requires caution is cutting the tiles. The best glass tile cutter is required to safely cut the tiles.
We’ve done our homework and narrowed it down to those that we believe will deliver the highest quality results. It doesn’t matter which glass tile cutter you use, you’ll be able to cut your kitchen’s beautiful tiles with ease!