When you ask around about the best ergonomic mouse, you’ll get a thousand answers. Everyone has their own opinion, and some of those opinions are going to be incongruous with each other. This is understandable – everyone has to work with different needs and ergonomics, so some of the mice that one person loves would be a terrible fit for another.
The thing that can help narrow down the field for you is to look for key terms in reviews: Does the mouse have an adjustable DPI? Does it have customization options? And do reviews say it relieves pain? The good news is that most ergonomic mice will advertise these things in their marketing copy, so if you find a mouse that’s been reviewed positively by its purchaser (and your own needs fall within what they say it works for), then you’re on your way to finding your dream ergonomic mouse.
Our 5 Favorite Ergonomic Mouse
Best Ergonomic Mouse Wirecutter Reviews:
1. TECKNET Pro 2.4G Ergonomic Wireless Optical Mouse
TeckNet Pro 2.4G Wireless Mouse offers an amazing performance, at a price that is competitive with the rest of the market. It offers convenience and comfort, with a design that can be used by both left and right handed people, regardless of whether you use it for gaming or just for everyday tasks. The technology incorporated into the mouse is cutting edge, which makes it simple to set up, as well as very good for your PC.
- Plug & Play – Comes with a tiny USB Nano receiver(stored within the back of the mouse) , just plug it into your PC and then forget it. 5 Adjustable DPI Level (2600/2000/1600/1200/800) – choose your own cursor speed.
- 2.4GHz Wireless & Ultra-durable build – 6, 000, 000 clicks lifespan. 2.4GHz wireless provides a powerful, reliable connection, increases working distance of up to 15M. Usb Nano receiver can be stored within the back.
- TECKNET Tru-Wave technology provides precise, smart cursor control over many surface types. TeckNet Co-Link technology – after pairing there’s no need to re-establish pairing after a signal loss or shutdown.
- 24-Month Long battery life: with auto power-off function, on/Off switch, smart sleep mode and battery life indicator, you might just forget this mouse runs on batteries. Power by 2xAAA battery(batteries are NOT included).
- Wide Compatible – Compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1,10 and Linux. Works with Notebook,Chromebook, PC, Laptop, Computer, and more.
2. Perixx PERIMICE-713 Wireless Ergonomic Vertical Mouse
The Perixx PERIMICE-713 is definitely a high quality mouse in terms of functionality and design. It is simple to install and easy on the hand, making it an excellent choice if you are looking for a reliable vertical mouse. The battery life is also impressive, providing enough power to last up to 18 months when used for 2-3 hours daily. If you are willing to pay a bit more for a quality product, the Perixx PERIMICE-715 would be a good choice for you as well.
- ERGO MOUSE – Natural ergonomic vertical mouse designed for right-handed that promotes natural hand posture while using the mouse for long-lasting comfort; 6-button mouse to increase your productivity.
- 3 DPI LEVELS – Optical sensor for accurate navigation; Mouse sensitivity can be changed with the DPI control button; Adjustable 3 DPI levels of the 800/ 1200 (default)/ 1600.
- WIRELESS FREEDOM – Wireless 2.4GHz ergonomic vertical mouse provides up to 10 meters operation range; Nano USB receiver with storage compartment, easy for you to store your USB.
- POWER-SAVING – Built in power ON/OFF switch button and power saving function. Two AAA batteries needed (batteries are not included in the package).
- CERTIFIED QUALITY – FCC, CE, RoHS qualified ergonomic mouse; Compatible with Windows 7, 8, and 10. Package includes: 1 wireless mouse, 1 USB receiver, 1 user manual.
3. Anker 2.4G Wireless Vertical Ergonomic Optical Mouse
This mouse has really proven itself during our testing period. It directly targets a demographic who is the most dependent on their mouse, especially those whose jobs require them to do a lot of clicking at the computer. The vertical design has great ergonomic benefits over traditional mice and it’s very easy to use. Anker did not dare skimp on quality components in order to get this product to their customers, and each of its features are constructed to last.
It was developed with ergonomics in mind, so it gave me no trouble while I tested it out both left-handed and right-handed. While the Anker 2.4G Wireless Vertical Ergonomic Optical Mouse may appear expensive at first when compared to similar products, but after using it for a month or so, you will likely think otherwise.
- Scientific ergonomic design encourages healthy neutral “handshake” wrist and arm positions for smoother movement and less overall strain.
- 800 / 1200 / 1600 DPI Resolution Optical Tracking Technology provides more sensitivity than standard optical mice for smooth and precise tracking on a wide range of surfaces.
- Added next/previous buttons provide convenience when webpage browsing; the superior choice for internet surfers, gamers and people who work at length at the computer.
- Enters power saving mode (power is cut off completely) after 8 minutes idle, press right or left button for it to wake. Product dimensions: 120*62.8*74.8 mm; product weight: 3.4 oz.
- Package includes: 1 Anker Wireless Vertical Ergonomic Optical Mouse (2 AAA batteries not included), 1 2.4G USB receiver (in the bottom of the mouse), 1 instruction manual. 18-month hassle-free warranty.
4. LEKVEY Vertical Wireless Mouse
This ergonomic mouse is ideal for preventing hand pain, wear and tear on the joints. It uses a vertical design, and has a smooth matte finish perfect for easy movement. This rechargable vertical mouse is easy to use and easy to carry with you for work, travel, or just relaxing at home. This ergonomic mouse is worldwide voltage compatible! The LEKVEY Wireless Vertical mouse comes with 800/1200/1600 DPI button options. With so many advanced features in one product, this makes a great value within its price range.
- ERGONOMIC, SLEEK AND RECHARGEABLE DESIGN — Scientific ergonomic design encourages healthy neutral “handshake” wrist and arm positions for smoother movement and less overall strain.
- MULTIFUNCTION AND CONVENIENT — Advanced “Page Back” and “Page Forward” functionality buttons provide convenience when web page browsing. 800 /1200/1600 DPI Levels — Easily adjusts the sensitivity of the mouse.
- HIGH-CAPACITY RECHARGEABLE BATTERY — Built-in rechargeable battery. You no longer need to buy batteries, very convenient !! EASY TO USE — One nano USB receiver at the bottom of the mouse, Just Plug and Play!
- WIDELY COMPATIBLE — Widely compatible with Windows 2000 / XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10 / Linux. 【Note: Not compatible with Mac OS, Apple Products】 Once you get used to the ergonomic mouse, you will love it so much.
- REAT CUSTOMER SERVICE — Rest assured that all Acedada our LEKVEY ergonomic vertical mouse have unconditional 24-month product warranty ( Replace or Refund ) as well as lifetime easy-to-reach technical support
5. DELUX Wired Ergonomic Vertical Mouse
It is important to equip with the correct size vertical mouse, which let you easily get used to the use of vertical mouse, and more help dramatically comfort hands muscle.
Every people have different hand size and there is no one size fitting all. Do not worry, you could find your correct size vertical mouse with DELUX Ergo Vertical Series, even for left handed person.
There are Ergo L(large size), Ergo M(Medium size), Ergo S(Small size) and Ergo Left(Left handed) series mouse for you. Just find your correct one according to your Palm size.
- [Ergonomic Vertical Design]: Unique vertical ergonomic computer mouse with special volute bionic design reduces arm discomfort and hand stiffness.
- [RGB Lighting & Software Setting]: With RGB Chasing lighting, offer you a marvelous working experience (Note: if want to turn On/Off the lights, please find the switch at the bottom of the mouse). With the Memory Setting Driver, all keys are programmable, setting the lighting effects mode and creating any macro, just set and all the settings would be stored.
- [Removable Wrist Rest]: humanized wrist rest design, let your forearm and vertical mouse be a whole part and make your wrist lift from the ground and rest on the comfortable pad which protects your wrist from friction when moving the mouse.
- [5 Adjustable DPI]: 800-1200-1600-2400-4000 5 gear DPI, which would be easily shifted according to your daily working requirement by the dotted switch in the bottom, with 4000 DPI, even could use it as the ergonomic gaming mouse.
- [All DELUX products include 12 months warranty and free lifetime technical support] [Wide Compatibility]: Compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 operating system. Fits for different devices, Laptop, PC Computer, Notebook, Macbook(limited supports to Mac, the side button are not available for Mac) (Compared with traditional mouse, with unique ergonomic vertical design, it may take a few days to get used to using it).
6. Viwind Wireless Vertical Optical Mouse
The Vertical Optical Mouse is a great product for anyone who spends long hours on their computer. It helps ease the strain on your wrist and hand, reducing pain and/or numbness. It also encourages a healthy handshake positioning of your arm, which should help reduce discomfort there as well.
- Built-in Rechargeable Li-Battery with Auto-sleep Function:The wireless mouse has 650mA battery capacity,only about 3 hours full charging time needed and support 720 hours working.Enters power saving mode automatically after 8 minutes idle,press any button can wake the ergonomic mouse up,conserves power and extends product life.If the vertical mouse lack of power,connect the charging cable,then it can work simultaneously
- Scientific Ergonomic Design with Next/Previous Buttons:Contoured shape,sweat-resistant,skin-friendly finish,added next/previous buttons to browse web page faster,sturdy scroll wheel with rubber oil coating that prevents fingers from sliding,the ergonomic computer mouse allow for natural hand positioning and ultimate comfort.It eases tension on the wrist and hand for right-handed users.Encourages healthy natural “handshake” wrist and arm positions for smoother movement and less overall strain
- 4 Adjustable DPI Levels:800,1200,1600,2400,easily change the cursor sensitivity of carpal tunnel mouse depending on your activity. Resolution Optical Tracking Technology provides more sensitivity than standard optical mouse for smooth and precise tracking on a wide range of surfaces.Best for things that require precision like color correcting and photo edits or make it faster for browsing
- Plug-and-play and Wide Compatibility:the wireless mouse comes with a USB Nano receiver, plug and play directly.2.4GHz wireless technology ensure longer working distance-up to 33ft in 360 degree with no interference.Well compatible with Mac OS X, Linux and all versions of Windows such as Windows7/8/10/XP etc. Fits for desktop, laptop, PC, Macbook and other devices
- Warranty:We support 30 Day Money-back Guarantee and 3-year limited hardware warranty for the ergonomic mouse,feel free to contact with us,our service team are always ready to support
7. Logitech M510 Wireless Computer Mouse
With its contoured shape, soft rubber grips and handy controls, the Logitech Wireless Mouse M510 gives you more control, so you can do more with your mouse. System Requirements: Windows 10 Windows 8 Windows 7|Chrome OS|Linux Kernel 2.6+|USB port.
- Your hand can relax in comfort hour after hour with this ergonomically designed mouse. Its contoured shape with soft rubber grips, gently curved sides and broad Palm area give you the support you need for effortless control all day long.
- We’ve got the control to do more, Faster. Flipping through photo albums and web pages is a breeze, especially for right-hander three standard buttons plus back/forward buttons that you can also program to switch applications, go full screen and more. And side-to-side scrolling Plus zoom gives you the power to scroll horizontally and vertically through your music library, maps and Facebook feeds, and zoom in and out of photos and budget spreadsheets with a click.
- Two years of battery life practically eliminates the need to replace batteries. ** the on/off switch helps conserve power, smart sleep mode extends battery life and an indicator light eliminates surprises. ** Battery life may vary based on user and computing conditions.
- The tiny Logitech Unifying receiver stays in your laptop. There’s no need to unplug it when you move around, so there’s less worry of it being lost. And you can easily add compatible wireless mice and keyboards to the same wireless receiver. Tilt scroll function is available. DPI (Min/Max): 1000±
- Works With Chromebook – The Works With Chromebook badge signifies products that are certified to meet Chromebook compatibility standards, to provide you with a seamless experience.
8. Logitech M525 Wireless Mouse
With micro-precise scrolling, ultra-smooth cursor control and super-long-and-reliable battery power, the compact Logitech Wireles Mouse M525 screams control—and personal style in your choice of sweet color combinations.
- ERGONOMIC SHAPE – Ergonomically shaped design and soft rubber grips conform to your hand to be naturally comfortable and the compact size makes it easy to take with you wherever you use your computer at home, at work or anywhere else, USB receiver is stored inside the mouse where the batteries are located
- Interface: USB receiver. Mouse Dimensions (height x width x depth)-4.00 x 2.24 x 1.51 inches. Receiver Dimensions (height x width x depth)-0.57 x 0.74 x 0.24 inches
- CONVENIENT CONTROLS – Easy-to-reach Back/Forward buttons makes moving quickly between documents or browsing your favorite Web sites a breeze
- MICRO-PRECISE SCROLL WHEEL – With more grooves per millimeter, our new scroll wheel gives you the ultimate navigation experience
- LONG BATTERY LIFE – 3 year battery life and smart sleep mode help you go longer between battery changes
- PLUG’N’PLAY CONNECTION – Nano-sized Logitech wireless unifying receiver stays in your computer plug it in, forget it, even add compatible wireless devices without multiple USB receivers
9. Perixx PERIMICE-719 Wireless Ergonomic Vertical Optical Mouse
PERIMICE-719 is a small wireless ergonomic vertical mouse designed for small hands, but also for users who would like to use such a mouse on their travels for releasing wrist nerve pressure. This mouse is also travel-friendly due to its small size and lightweight. Features sophisticated rubber layout design for a pleasant gripping and easy-reach button.
For Small Hand and Traveling Light
This mouse is a small design that can be used for people with small to medium-sized hands. It is also suitable for travel enthusiasts.
By choosing the proper size of your own mouse, muscle soreness from excessively contracting the hand can be improved in the long term.
Ergonomic Vertical Design
The vertical design lets your hand lay in the most natural position without twisting your wrist while gripping the mouse.
Reliable Wireless Connection
Easy to set up wireless connection. It comes with a USB wireless receiver. No hassle of a driver, simply plug-and-play.
Windows 7, 8, and 10; Package includes: 1x Perimice-719 and 12-month-limited-warranty; 1x AA battery needed (Battery is not included in the package); Nano USB receiver with a storage compartment.
10. Kensington Ergonomic Vertical Wireless Mouse
Get a whole new grip on mousing with the Vertical Wireless Mouse. Natural, form-fitting contours keep the wrist and hand in a more neutral and comfortable handshake position. An extended little finger rest provides additional support.
- Ergonomic vertical mouse employs an angled slope to keep your wrist in an ergonomic neutral handshake position, which helps relieve soft tissue compression and improves wrist and forearm posture for better comfort and muscle support.
- Mouse dimensions 2.74 inches tall and 4.38 inches long.
- Extended lip support for your little (pinky) finger enables more smooth and comfortable movements of the larger muscle group.
- Wireless connectivity via 2.4GHz with a range of 33 feet/10 meters; plug-and-play USB-A nano receiver; storage compartment keeps the nano receiver safe when not in use.
- Four button control – left click, right click, forward & back (for web page browsing); a scroll wheel provides convenient scrolling.
- Multiple optical sensitivity (DPI) options can be selected with the DPI button, providing accuracy in any situation; DPI settings of 800, 1200, 1600, 2000, 2400.
- On/Off switch and Auto-sleep function helps save battery (1 AA, included); auto-sleep enabled when not used for more than one minute, and moving the mouse wakes it up; when not used for more than ten minutes the mouse goes into a deeper sleep, and clicking a button or using the scroll wheel wakes it up; low-battery indicator light comes on when battery gets low.
- Plug-and-play, no software or drivers needed; Compatible with Windows, MacOS and Chrome; Some MacBooks only have USB-C, so a USB-A (female) to USB-C (male) adapter would be needed.
- TAA compliant.
Things To Consider Reviews
It’s always best to go with a mouse that is most comfortable to your personal grip. While an ergonomic mouse is designed specifically for a natural grip there are other elements you need to keep in mind.
The price of an ergonomic mouse will vary. You can pick up inexpensive options for under $20, or you can spend upwards of $100 or so on such a mouse. It really comes down to what you want to spend on the mouse and the other features you’re interested in.
How does the mouse connect to your computer? Does it connect via a USB cable or does it use a wireless connection such as Bluetooth? If it does use Bluetooth how long does the battery last, or do you swap in replaceable AA/AAA batteries? Each has its own pros and cons, depending on how long your activity sessions last.
Some ergonomic mice will also allow you to connect via both Bluetooth and USB so you can quickly connect and charge your mouse while using it.
Do you want a mouse that has the traditional two buttons? Or maybe you want additional control within your mouse and are looking for something with side buttons or even a central button where the scroll wheel is.
This may come down to what you use the mouse for. If you play video games with the mouse you might want to add more controls to it. If you use your mouse for photo editing you can assign hot keys to the buttons as well.
This is a personal preference so you should keep it in mind.
4. Overall Design
While all of the mice on this list are ergonomically designed, you’ll be surprised as to the overall design differences of these mice. Some might look like nothing else you’ve ever used before, while others are a bit more traditional in shape.
You should look at the overall design. Additionally, it may take some time to get used to using the mouse in the new configuration. If you’ve ever used an ergonomic keyboard you know how different it is from a regular keyboard and there is a bit of a learning curve. The curve isn’t as substantial with a mouse, but you’ll need to determine if the design fits with what you’re looking for.
Hopefully, we have helped you find the best ergonomic mouse for your life. Of course, rest is also very important. If you have a great ergonomic mouse but still suffer from pain, make sure to check out our guide on choosing a more ergonomic keyboard and monitor. Finally, don’t forget to check out all of our other product reviews. There are plenty of other products you can use to improve your health while sitting at a computer!