What you are looking for is to prepare a good coffee. It will not be worth putting instant coffee in a cup of hot water to achieve it. The good thing is that you buy the best coffee grinder so that you can enjoy a truly unique experience, with a coffee that will fill all your senses and that you will surely love.
The aroma, as well as the taste of a good coffee, is part of a good culinary experience, to satisfy your senses. However, you should bear in mind that you can get the experience of a good coffee without having to go to an Italian restaurant or cafeteria, especially if you have a good coffee grinder at home.
We have dedicated ourselves to finding the best coffee grinder wirecutter options for you, and also at the best price.
These Are The Best Coffee Grinders Wirecutter In 2022
1. Hamilton Beach Fresh Grind Electric Coffee Grinder for Beans
- SIMPLE & INTUITIVE: The coffee grinder is so easy to use that you'll want to drink flavorful coffee made from freshly ground coffee beans everyday. Just place the lid on the grinder and press the button to grind coffee. Release to stop grinding.
- REDUCE CLUTTER WITH HIDDEN CORD STORAGE: Hideaway cord storage at the bottom of the grinder stores the cord neatly and out of sight when it's not in use.
- GRIND ENOUGH TO BREW UP TO 12 CUPS OF COFFEE: If you love the delicious taste of coffee made from freshly ground beans, this electric coffee grinder is perfect for the job whether you're grinding coffee for a quick cup or a full pot
- EASY CLEANUP — DISHWASHER SAFE GRINDING BOWL: The grinding bowl on this coffee bean grinder is designed with durable stainless steel. It's removable for easy filling and pouring and is dishwasher safe.
- DURABLE STAINLESS STEEL BLADES: With the durable stainless steel blades, this grinder makes easy work of grinding everything from coffee beans to herbs and spices.
2. Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Grind
- REMOVABLE FEATURES: Our 8 oz. bean hopper is fully removable as well as our built-in grind chamber for ease-of-use and accessibility during the cleaning process
- GRIND CHAMBER: Our removable grind chamber holds enough ground coffee for 32-cups, you won’t have to worry about grinding beans multiple times to brew coffee for the entire household
- ENJOY OPTIMUM FLAVOR: Burr grinding provides a uniform grind to your fresh coffee beans with its 18-position grind selector – move the slide-dial from ultra-fine to extra-coarse to ensure your coffee grounds are exactly the way you prefer
- CONVENIENT DESIGN: Our heavy-duty unit motor doesn’t take away space for additional design features; enjoy the convenience of cord storage and an additional scoop/cleaning brush to declutter, clean and maximize counter space
- ONE-TOUCH GRIND: The one-touch power bar is separate from the unit and complemented by an electric timer that automatically shuts off the unit when your grind cycle is complete
3. Mueller HyperGrind Precision Electric Spice
- Quality Above All Else - Mueller HyperGrind Precision Grinder is designed and tested through three professional grade inspections to outlast and outperform the competition!
- Made in China.
- Powerful & Efficient - Long lasting blades made from strong and durable stainless steel will easily grind any type of coffee you like, from coarse to fine quickly and efficiently with minimum grinding noise.
- Compact & Stylish – Takes up minimum counter space and can be easily stored in cupboards and drawers but with its great modern styling, you just might want to leave it out in the open.
- Consistent Grinds Every Time – Unlike many others on the market, the Mueller HyperGrind gives you perfect consistency & precision control over the coarseness of your Pour Over, Drip, Chemex, Cold Brew, French Press, Percolator,Turkish, Espresso, Herb, or Spices grind EVERY TIME!
4. Kaffe Electric Coffee Grinder
- Easy to use on/off button positioned on safety lid: grinder won’t operate without cover. Transparent lid lets you monitor grinding.
- Fresh Coffee! Grinds whole coffee beans to fine grounds in seconds for quality home brewing using a French press, coffee percolator or other drip coffee makers.
- Compact countertop electric coffee grinder (3.5 oz capacity) quickly turns whole-bean into fresh grounded coffee right from your home or kitchen.
- Extended 2 Year Warranty: Covers any damage or defect. Money back guarantee!
- Multi-Purpose: Use it to grind nuts and spices or coffee beans. CLEANING BRUSH INCLUDED!
5. OXO Brew Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
- Hopper holds up to 0.75 pounds of Coffee beans. Product Dimension - 12x7.4x16 inch
- Durable 40 millimeter stainless steel conical burrs create uniform grounds for optimal flavor extraction
- Grounds container accommodates up to 110 grams (enough for 12 cups). Never use water or other liquids to clean the inside of the grinder/burrs
- One touch start timer keeps your last setting, just push to grind
- 15 settings (plus Micro settings) let you adjust your grind to suit your taste
6. Capresso 560Infinity Conical Burr Grinder
- LARGE CAPACITY: 8.8 ounce bean container and 4 ounce ground coffee container
- ABS stainless finish plastic
- EASY TO CLEAN: Removable upper burr allows access for easy cleaning
- PRECISION GRINDING: Commercial-grade, solid steel conical burrs with advanced cutting design
- WIDE GRINDING RANGE: From ultrafine Turkish to French Press coarse and everything in between
7. Bodum Bistro Burr Coffee Grinder
- Holds up to 7.75 Ounces of Coffee Beans.
- Push button, pre-set timer allows users to grind the exact amount of coffee needed, keeping beans fresh and preventing waste.
- Dishwasher-Safe Borosilicate glass catcher with grip reduces static cling of coffee grounds.
- 12 Adjustable grind settings allow users to go from Espresso to French Press with ease.
- The Bistro Burr Grinder consistently crushes beans between stainless steel conical burrs. This process also preserves the bean’s intrinsic flavor and aroma better than a blade grinder.
8. BLACK+DECKER Coffee Grinder
- Lid-Locking Safety Feature - No spills, no accidents. The integrated safety mechanism allows the blades to turn on only when the lid is securely locked
- One Touch Push-Button Control - Intuitive push-button control lets you easily customize the grind consistency, from coarse to fine
- Included components: Coffee Grinder, Grinder Bowl
- Grind Your Favorites! - Stainless steel blades quickly grind your favorite coffee beans, herbs, spices, grains, and more
- Stainless Steel Blades and Bowl - The sharp blades and durable grinding bowl are built to last, delivering uniform grinds with every use
9. Precision Grinder Flat Burr Coffee
- EASY TO CLEAN: Removable top burr with embedded cleaning brush for the effortless cleaning
- CUSTOMIZABLE QUANTITY: 2-12 cups quantity selection settings with auto-stop to automatically grind the exact quantity you need
- IMPROVED PERFORMANCE AND PRECISION: 33 percentage greater grinding range to provide precision grinding for all types of coffee brewing methods: Drip Filter Coffee, French Press Cold Brew, Pour Over Espresso and more
- ONE TOUCH OPERATION: On/Off button with the auto-stop at the end of the grinding cycle
- CUSTOMIZABLE GRIND: 12 grind fineness settings plus intermediary settings for precise grinding. Adjust the fineness level for any type of coffee, from fine for espresso to coarse for French press
10. DR MILLS DM-7441 Electric Dried Spice and Coffee Grinder
- Coffee mill with ETL approval; BPA free; 1 year warranty.
- Electric Coffee Grinder,Hold the button for operation, release for a stop for easy use; Make coarse and fine by operating different time.
- Blade grinder lid with safety switch for safe use; With the thermal switch, Can work again after about 30min rest if it stops by abnormal use.
- Coffee grinder with Power 150W,120V,60Hz; 1.8 oz./50g capacity, yield up to 7 cups of coffee; Great for grind coffee bean, dried spices,herbs, nuts, seed and grains.
- Spice grinder with brush for easy clean; Lid with viewing window; Blade & cup made with SUS304 stainless steel, no rust; Non-slip feet for safe use; With cord storage;
What Is The Best Electric Coffee Grinder For Home?
Coffee grind plays a major role in determining the quality of the coffee infusion. For this reason, the quality of the grinder you choose will be very important, especially if it is an electric model since they offer the best performance.
It is not the same to use a manual grinding machine as an electric one, the latter being your best choice. For this reason, we invite you to know the best options that you will find in the market.
Tips From The Coffee Masters
Before buying your electric coffee grinder, you should take into consideration some aspects that will be fundamental. Among the main ones that you should take into account will be the following:
You must bear in mind that a cup of ground coffee will need a total of 5 to 7 grams of coffee to be very good. For this reason, you must take into account its capacity, depending on the cups of coffee you want for each cycle. Those with the largest capacity can offer you up to 300 grams of capacity in their tank, being ideal for 43 to 60 cups of coffee.
When spraying coffee, you can choose between two systems, namely blades or grinding wheels, which will be discussed later. However, you should keep in mind that for a more final grind, grinding wheels are often the best choice you can make.
Not all electric grinders have this feature, and it is of great importance because that way you can adjust the thickness of the grind. Models that provide different levels of grind will always be very useful, especially since you can adapt the coffee to what you need. Remember that preparing a traditional cup of coffee is not the same as an espresso, because you must take this point into account to get the coffee you really want.
A grinder with stainless steel blades is one of the best options you can find on the market, so you should not overlook this point. This is because they are the ones that will have the greatest resistance and that will offer you adequate durability.
Many of them come with a titanium coating, which makes them harder and will not lose their edge very quickly. These blades also allow less heat to be generated during the grinding process.
However, you should also consider the materials of the grinder body, especially since plastics are often used. These should always be free of toxic elements such as BPA so that you will not have any kind of inconvenience.
Types Of Coffee Grinders
There are different types of coffee grinders that you can choose from and that can be very useful for your home. These types of grinders will be the following:
These are the cheapest you can find on the market, and they can be very quick to grind coffee. However, they are not as recommended, especially since they shred the beans instead of crushing them.
These grinders generally do not allow setting the thickness of the grind and must be operated with great care, because the blades can easily overheat. These grinders can adversely affect the quality of the coffee.
Electric grinding wheels
In the case of grinding wheels, these are responsible for pressing and grinding the coffee beans in a uniform way. These allow you to completely adapt the thickness of the grind so that it is completely uniform. This is essential because each type of coffee requires a specific thickness.
These grinders are started by means of a switch and when you want to stop you just have to release it. These are much more accurate and do not overheat like blades. However, you should also keep in mind that these grinders will be more expensive, but they have an extraordinary duration.
Manual grinding wheels
These grinders are the same as the electric ones, but with the difference that they do not have a motor to drive their grinding wheels. They must be operated by turning a crank. They are more artisanal grinders, but they are also much slower than electric grinders.
Is A Coffee Grinder With Blades Or Grinding Wheels Better?
You should keep in mind that both have interesting advantages, and coffee grinders with blades stand out for their lower price. But, if you have to choose between both options and the budget is not a problem, it is best that you opt for a model of grinding wheels.
This is because the grinding wheels will offer you better ground grains and in small pieces. For their part, blade grinders tend to cut the beans and as the blades get too hot it can lead to the loss of the properties of the coffee.
For this reason, if you can choose a model that has a grinding wheel system, this will always be the best. Especially because you can have a coffee of the highest quality and that keeps its aroma and flavor characteristics intact.
Advantages of having freshly ground coffee
You can make the most of freshly ground coffee by consuming it. Fresh ground coffee has numerous advantages. Among the main advantages that you will have are:
- Coffee beans allow us to preserve its properties much better
- Can be kept for several weeks without loss of quality
- Ground coffee loses its flavor and aroma when in contact with the air, so having it freshly ground will be much better.
- You will be able to enjoy the best flavor in each cup of coffee
- You will get the most out of your electric coffee maker
Many people prefer to buy their ground coffee in any supermarket, but you must bear in mind that this is not the best solution. This is because once the beans are ground, in a matter of days the coffee will deteriorate and consequently it will be impoverished.
For this reason, it will always be better to buy fresh coffee that is greenish in color and roast it at home. Remember not to roast it too much so that it maintains a pleasant flavor, and proceed to use a grinder to have fresh coffee every day, or at most every 2 or 3 days, thus avoiding losing the flavor and aroma of good coffee.
How To Clean An Electric Coffee Grinder?
It is becoming increasingly common to use electric coffee grinders not just to grind the coffee, but to use in the kitchen. These are quite useful when talking about grinding seeds for different recipes that you are going to prepare in your kitchen, but they must be kept in good condition to have optimal performance.
To make sure you clean your coffee grinder well, you should make sure you follow this basic process:
- The first thing you should do is grind the coffee that the grinder has and empty it completely
- Once done, be sure to unplug the grinder
- You should take a cloth moistened with soap and water so that you can remove any coffee residues or seeds that may remain
- Make sure to clean every corner very well, leaving it as clean as possible
- When you finish cleaning everything, make sure everything is dry so that in the next cycle the coffee will not stick
If your grinder allows you to easily disassemble it and remove the container, it would be convenient to wash these parts with soap and water. In this way, you can ensure that the quality of the coffee is maintained, and you will avoid falling into cleaning mistakes at all times.
If you give the correct maintenance to your coffee grinder, I assure you that you will be able to achieve greater durability in it. In addition, you will maintain the quality of the coffee for much longer, thus achieving freshly ground coffee every day.
As you can see from our comparison, the collection of grinders is not very large (after all, there are hundreds of coffee grinders). However, we have included what can be considered as the big names in the world of grinding wheels, so deep down, any of them is an excellent choice. Anyway, if we have to pick one as the best grinding wheel coffee grinder, we stick with the Baratza Virtuoso Plus, the overwhelmingly the industry favorite.