The Wirecutter 3D printers we recommend on this page vary in features and price, so there is an option waiting for anyone who has been wanting to give 3D printing a try. And since most of the printers have a maximum build volume somewhere between 5″³ and 8″³ (the tiniest models can print much smaller objects), you will have plenty of opportunity to experiment and play before you upgrade to your dream machine.
Top 10 Wirecutter 3d Printer
1. Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D Printer
- RESUME PRINT FUNCTION: Ender 3 Pro can resume printing from the last recorded extruder position after suffering unexpected power outages.
- WHAT YOU GET: Ceality Ender 3 Pro 3D pinrter, lifetime technical assistance and 24 hours professional customer service.
- REMOVABLE BUILD SURFACE PLATE: Provide all-round protection to your 3D printer build plate and ensure consistent temperature throughout the build surface. Easy to remove the printing models after cooling.
- SEMI-ASSEMBLED KIT: This easy-to-setup kit comes partially assembled, allowing you to learn about the basic construction of 3D printers as you finish putting it together. A fun STEM educational experience in mechanical engineering and electronics.
- SAFE POWER SUPPLY: Ender 3 Pro comes with a UL Certified power supply, protecting your printer from unexpected power surges, that can heat the hot bed to 110℃ in just 5 minutes.
2. Dremel Digilab 3D20 3D Printer
- Compatible with brand new Dremel Digilab 3D Slicer based on cura, the industry leading open source 3D printing software and gcode files so you can use your favorite slicer
- Accompanied by unparalleled local Dremel customer service support and industry’s 1-year warranty. Extruder temperature: Up to 230°C /397°F
- Countless hours of high quality printing with the most reliable low-cost 3D printer
- Far superior safety compared to competition with fully enclosed design, non-heated build plate, PLA-only printing and 3rd party UL safety approval
- Quickly and easily make your 1st print out of the box with completely pre-assembled printer, included 0.5 kilogram spool of filament and clear setup instructions. Maximum build depth (inches): 9
3. Dremel – 3D45-01 DigiLab 3D45 3D Printer
- Fully Enclosed Sturdy Plastic Design With A 6. 7" X 10" X 6" Build Volume For Better Prints, Better Safety And Less Chance For Warping. A Carbon Filter And Particulate Filter Are Built-In As Well
- Easily Removable Glass Build Plate Heated Up To 100°C And All Metal 0. 4Mm Nozzle Heated Up To 280°C. Windows Requirement-Windows (7,8,8.1,10). Mac Requirement-Mac Os X Version 10.9
- Pcmag 2018 Editors' Choice Award And Google For Education Partner – Dremel 3D45 3D Printer Kit
- 5-Inch Full Color Touch Screen With Intuitive Icons For Easy Setup And Operation. Go From Unboxing To Your First Print In Less Than 15 Minutes
4. ANYCUBIC MEGA X 3D Printer, Large Metal FDM 3D Printer
- High Print Precision, This 3D Printer’s print precision is greatly improved by equipping it with Y Axis Dual Sideway Design and Z-axis dual screw rod design, The pitting in the skin and texture in the clothing all can shows up
- Fast Assembly, Mega X 3D printer came in two modules and all it takes is to plug in 12 screws and 3 cables, easy to assemble and get printing right out of the box, Perfect choice for beginners and veteran
- More Function, Resume Print: One click to resume from the last recorded position when suffered power outages, TFT Touch Screen: As responsive as operating on the phone, Meanwell Power Supply: Compliance with UL60950-1, enhance the safety performance, All ANYCUBIC 3D printers backed with lifetime technical support
- Large Build Volume, This FDM printer comes with larger build spaces available, At 11.81in(L) x 11.81in(W) x 12in(H), able to print models that 90% of other 3d printers could not. More space for fulfilling your fantastic idea
- Patented Heat Bed, No hassle of sticker any more, Ultrabase bed surface coated with patented microporous coating, allowing the print holds strong when printing and then effortlessly falls off the bed when it cools to room temp at the end of the print, Kindly note, The bed will not go over 90 degree
5. Official Creality Ender 3 V2 3D Printer Upgraded Integrated Structure Design
- Effortless Filament Feed-in: Ender-3 V2 adds a rotary knob on the extruder, making loading and feeding filament process much easier; Brand new operation UI system and 4.3" smart color screen greatly improve user experience.
- Carborundum Glass Platform: Enable the hotbed heat up quicker and prints adhere better without the warping. Ultra smoothness even on the first layer.
- Self-developed Silent Motherboard: The Ender-3 V2 built-in self-developed silent motherboard, which has stronger anti-interference, faster and more stable motion performance, silent printing and low decibel operation.
- Resume Printing Function: Can resume printing from the last recorded extruder position after suffering unexpected power outages, saving your time and reducing waste.
- UL Certified MeanWell Power Supply: Equipped with MeanWell power supply, produced by the listed company with mature technology, meeting all the needs of fast heating and long-time printing. Moreover, the power supply is concealed in the machine, making it much safer.
6. Voxelab Aquila 3D Printer
- Warranty and Service: All Voxelab 3D printers provides Lifetime technical support and 12 months warranty, with 24 hours quick response.
- Fast Heating and Silent Printing: The Aquila 3D printer equipped with carbon crystal silicon glass plate and super quiet printing designing, the printing model will not easily become warped and the printing sounds is below 50 decibels.
- Resume Printing Function: Aquila 3D printer could automatically resume printing when power comes on. It won’t print from scratch once meeting filament breakage, saving time and avoiding waste.
- Fully Open Source: Aquila is a straight forward BD printer based on open source technology. It allows for flexible upgrades and various modifications. Meanwhile, you are able to choose your favorite software as VoxelMaker, Cura and more...
- Semi-Assembled Kit: The easy-to-setup kit comes partially assembled, enabling you to learn about the basic construction of 3D printers as you finish putting it together.
7. TRONXY Customized Version X5SA-400 PRO
- 【Not A Beginner 3d Printer】X5SA-400 PRO DIY assembly, providing complete parts and tools. The paper manual with an electronic version of the instructions and a link to the installation video. Assemble and debug by yourself, enjoy the fun of DIY assembly, , so as to meet your ideas and creativity. This process takes some time to install, debug and learn, which is quite challenging for novices, more recommended for experienced user.
- 【Customized Version VS Normal Version】Replaced the original blue leveler and hot bed with better TR Sensor Auto Leveling and Lattice Glass Plate.
- 【TR Auto Leveling Sensor +Lattice Glass Advantage】 （1）The upgraded automatic bed leveler can sense opaque objects. （2） The Lattice Glass Plate allows for easy removal of printed products and cleaning printing surface.
- 【Core XY structure design】 full belt drive, higher stability and printing accuracy, ensure the quality of the model; Dual Z-axis design, increase the bearing capacity of the hot bed, reduce errors in printing, and print more finely.
- 【After-Sales Service】 TRONXY will offer lifetime technical support, response within 24 hours, definitely give you a satisfied answer (contact us : Your Amazon Buyer Account > Click Your Account > Your Orders > Find your order and click Contact Seller)
8. Snapmaker 3D Printer, 2.0 A Models 3-in-1 3D Printer
- Modular Design: Imagine a 3D printer that you can upgrade and customize. Snapmaker is more than just a series of machines. It's a system of powerful modules and add-ons for creative people like you. You can enjoy a lot of new features simply by getting the new modules or new kits.
- Large Workspace: Snapmaker 2.0 has three models: A150, A250 and A350. You can make large prototypes, or multiple smaller objects in one go. A150: 160 x 160 x 145 mm, A250: 230 x 250 x 235 mm, A350 provides the largest build volume, measuring 320 x 350 x 330 mm.
- High Resolution: Built with high-precision parts and an overall upgraded design, Snapmaker 2.0 is able to consistently print, engrave, cut, and carve objects in high resolution. The repeatability of the machine is 0.005 mm, and the homing repeatability is 0.01mm.
- 3-in-1 Software: Our 3-in-1 software, Snapmaker Luban, is tailor-made for your Snapmaker machines. One single and powerful software for most your tasks. With a plugin system, API and tutorials, Snapmaker Luban enables you to easily add new features for existing modules. You can even develop new features for your customized modules. We will build a truly modular system together.
- Innovation 3-in-1: Snapmaker 2.0, the modular 3-in-1 3D printer that unlocks your full creative potential, from 3D printing to laser engraving, cutting, and CNC carving. Snapmaker 2.0 is smarter, faster, larger, and more powerful than ever before. It is a new generation of 3-in-1 3D printer that comes with everything you need!
9. ANYCUBIC Chiron 3D Printer, Semi-auto Leveling Large FDM Printer
- Semi Auto Leveling and Resume Print, Equipped with an auto leveling module which automatically detects 25 points, supports real time adjustment compensation of nozzle height, 3D Printer can resume printing after power outage or any other unexpected stoppage, One click to resume from the last recorded position when suffering power outages, And the sensor pauses prints and sets off an alarm when you run out of filament which greatly saves time and material
- Large Build Volume, ANYCUBIC Chiron 3D Printer comes with one of the largest build volume of 15.75 x 15.75 x 17.72 inches, you can print models that 90% of other printers could not, The unique high precision nozzle of 0.4mm hot end with straight through design reduces the weight on the X axis which delivers better performance even on very tall prints, Your creativity will be maximized
- Easy to Assemble and Use, Full metal body, stable and durable, modular design and only take 5-10 minutes to assemble, TFT Touch Screen with brand new friendly UI to preview model and printing process on screen, offline printing, We use high grade Extruder, smooth feeding and not easy to plug, which can provide you a better printing experience of flexibility
- Printing Precise and Safe, Equipped with Y Axis Dual Sideway and Z axis dual screw rod design, the height on both sides of the Z axis will be recalibrated before each printing which can reduce the probability of releveling before each printing and the print precision of our Chiron 3D Printer is greatly improved, 24V DC high power heated bed, heating up to 100℃, Independent high-power mosfet drive, taking into account safety and heating effect
- More Function, Ultrabase Pro, Coated with a special composite coating make the printed large model not easy to warp and easy to demold, All ANYCUBIC 3D printers backed with lifetime technical support and 24 hours professional customer service
10. Official Creality Ender 3 3D Printer Fully Open Source
- Easy and Qucik Assembly: It comes with several assembled parts, you only need about 2 hours to assemble 20 nuts well.
- Advanced Extruder Technology: Upgraded extruder greatly reduces plugging risk and bad extrustion; V-shape with POM wheels make it move noiseless, smoothly and durable.
- Strict Test: Strict testing for key components before delivery and life-time technical supports available.
- Resume Printing Function: Ender 3 has the ability to resume printing even after a power outage or lapse occurs.
- Safety Protected Power Supply: Only needs 5 minutes for hot bed to reach 110 degree.
How To Choose The Wirecutter 3D Printer?
Although its first objective is not exactly to be a home appliance, we cannot ignore an increasingly closer reality in which these printers will be part of our day to day life and domestic printers will be much more common than they can be today. So how do you choose one that suits your needs?
Printing Material, Filaments And Spools
These printers need a spool or spool of filament that can be either ABS which is the acronym for acrylonitrile butadiene styrene or PLA which is the short and practical name for polylactic acid.
These plastic materials are thermoplastic. They have the ability to become flexible when in contact with heat, but, when cooled, they return to their solid state. Regardless of how many times this process is done, the effect will be the same.
Between these two, ABS is often the favorite of professionals for its high resistance to temperature. For its part, PLA does not have the same capacity, but it is available in a wide variety of colors, so it is good for hobbyists and lovers of caring for the environment because, being corn-based, it is a biodegradable material. Although that does not mean that it is therefore less durable than ABS.
However, there are other materials. The important thing is to know which ones your machine supports and the diameters or the size of the reel that it is capable of supporting so that you have the perfect printing material. Some printers only support materials from the same manufacturer.
- Nylon: the most popular of the nylon materials used for this purpose is nylon 618 which is used mostly in the medical industry, in jobs such as creating external implants. Its natural white color is ideal to color it the color you want.
- Resin: a final product printed with this material, when exposed to UV rays, can fade. For this reason, it is usually painted after printing. Despite this small effect, this material offers smooth and precise prints. In addition to the possibility of achieving highly desirable textures.
- Wood: the printing process of this material is very similar to that of ABS and PLA. It is ideal for creating objects that have the same texture, look and smell as wood. However, it is not pure wood. This material is a mix between recycled wood and binding polymer.
- HIPS – Excellent as a support material and great for creating support 3D objects, but heat can cause it to shrink.
- Stainless Steel – Compact desktop printers do not typically support this material and it is the most difficult to use for printing. It is a combination of wear resistant copper and stainless steel.
Build Volume / Print Area
This is important because the older you are, the more you can create. It will give you the opportunity to create larger objects. The industrial and specialized ones allow to create objects of up to one cubic meter, while the desktop ones that are more compact and generally used by amateurs or amateurs offer the realization of objects of up to 380 cubic millimeters.
It is affected by the resolution quality, the higher it is, the slower the print speed. As well as the complexity and the material used in the process. Although, in general, small machines go from a speed of 40mm / s to 150mm / s.
An object printed in a low resolution quality is made up of very thick layers that allow the division between one and the other to be seen. On the contrary, if you choose the high resolution, your final product will be smooth and with very thin layers that will make it less obvious to see the layers that make up the result.
It is good to consider how many extruders your Wirecutter 3D printer includes because more than one extruder allows several colors and / or materials to be used in a single print at the same time.
Most Wirecutter 3D printers on the market have one nozzle per extruder, but with a dual nozzle system the printing speed can be optimized up to more than triple. Let us remember that the assembly of the extruder involves a heated printing nozzle, it is just the part responsible for the fusion and extrusion of the material.
This may vary from one model to another, as they can have a USB port, with a Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection. All these systems allow the Wirecutter 3D printer to capture from an external device, be it a PC, mobile phone or tablet, the object to be cut through its cutting software. Some even have an SD card slot.
Screen and LCD
It is wonderful to have a screen, a set of LED lights or an LCD graphics screen in your Wirecutter 3D printer because this way, just as in the screens of other devices such as cameras, you can have super valuable information about your work. This can be the time that remains for the printing to be ready or report some inconvenience during the process, for example.
Kit vs. Assembly
Not all Wirecutter 3D printers come fully assembled, some come in a kit with their parts divided that can be organized and assembled very easily. The price of a fully assembled device is higher than one that comes in parts.
There is no single form of Wirecutter 3D printer, to date there is a wide variety of them that goes from their forms to their functionalities and special accessories. Here are some of them:
- All-in-one 3D printer: it is a marvel that combines several functions at the same time in a single device. That is, you can not only print but copy and fax. A true multifunction machine!
- Camera: these can be included in your 3D printer model and can be monitored through the PC or from your smartphones. This indicates that you can monitor your prints in real time and even take photos of the final product.
- Automatic material recognition: there are some that have this feature, which will be very useful because it will be indicated through your screen (if you have it) and it will not be necessary to indicate it manually when entering the material.
- Aesthetics: will it be in your office? Will it take up a large space inside your house? Then you should choose an attractive model that makes you look professional.
3D Printing Software
Also called cutting software, it can open and print STL format files and most Wirecutter 3D printers include it.
But what is an STL file? It is the standard type of file that can be recognized by the software to convert it, through the machine, into a tangible target. It is composed of all the necessary information required by the software and hardware to know what to create and how to create it.
Returning to the software and how it works, it even allows you to rotate and change the size of the object to be printed and to choose the thickness of the layers, the type of fill and color. You can even design your own object with a 3D modeling program and export it as an STL file. These programs are available free or paid online.
Surely as you were reading the entire post or the articles that interested you, many questions arose, so we are going to try to clarify them.
What Is a Wirecutter 3D Printer?
A 3D printer as its word says, is a printer capable of printing an object, that is, it creates pieces or volumetric models from a design made from a computer.
How many types of Wirecutter 3D printers are there?
Although they all have the same purpose, which is to create 3-Dimensional artifacts, the way in which they are created is based on the different types of printers that exist.
They are between them:
1) Ink 3D printers.
2) 3D laser printers.
3) Printers that inject polymers.
How Useful Is It To Have a Wirecutter 3D Printer?
The level of utility will depend on the use that you are going to give it, it can be as necessary as to create prostheses in the medical area or simply create toys for your children.
Can Food Be Printed on a Wirecutter 3D Printer?
Yes! Cool no? As technology advances, there are more and more types of printers capable of printing any object, however, we have already reached a time where food can also be created in an artifact such as the 3D printer.
How Long Does a 3D Printer Last?
The duration of a 3D printer will depend on the use and care that you are going to give it, but these machines are designed to last years providing the service and quality that you need so much.
We hope that these reviews have been helpful to the 3D printing community. There’s a lot of up and coming printers in the space and you may be looking for a new one. We’re positive our list has something for everyone. If we missed any and you’re looking for something specific, please leave a comment below!